And So for the first time in ages I do have a Finished Object to share with you on Friday AND a post for Random 5, Friday Five, 5 on Friday. All badges are clickable, join us!
- Hope you had a wonderful and safe 4th of July. Sadly our fireworks weren't quite as good as normal. It rained, not stormy so they went ahead. But, I wonder if they couldn't shoot them off as high because of that? And or, because of the dampness they didn't last as long in the sky? No matter, Happy Birthday America. You're an awesome country and I so appreciate all the sacrifices of those that made it possible for us.
- Obviously I'm really excited to have the above afghan completed. It's still in need of being laundered and blocked, but and a better taken, but it's DONE!
- More planning for the trip to Spain next Spring has taken place AND, we now have all our tickets for flights confirmed. We've decided not to stay the full 10 days in Malaga (Marbella Beach Area), we'll be there a week then fly to Barcelona via Madrid for a few days, AND we now have confirmed hotel reservations there in Barcelona as well. Gonna give our brains and our charge card a rest before we move onto the next step...which will be planning tours, though I do have a lists of things we want to see.
- House smells so good right now, hubby is making his "World Famous" Baked Beans. We're going to a Baby Reveal party later today with family (normally we would have spent yesterday, the 4th together here at our house so this is combined deal). We'll soon know whether my youngest nephew, Ryan and his wife are having a little boy or girl. I'm pulling for a girl which would give them one of each...wouldn't that be nice.
- Continuing to work on my SIL's family tree, but also pulled out my Mom's side file that I've not worked on in a good long while and am happy to say...I'm finding some of the missing pieces from before!