I love having Followers, Thank You

Wednesday, May 30, 2018

Jewel Lines Knitting as I Search for More British TV Series.

Jeweled Lines continues to grow.  I've added a couple more sections since the last photo.  Looks like the tape flipped over, but believe at this stage it measured 17 or 19 inches.  I will soon be adding a new color.  A different shade of green I found that's the same weight and type of yarn.  When added that will make the 5th color.
I started this series feeling very optimistic and excited, as it's  created by Julian Fellowes, the same Julian Fellowes who created Downton Abbey.  I started it, watched I think one episode and have NOT returned to it.  Perhaps it gets better?  I dislike the commentary that takes place with someone telling you how good it is.  Maybe I just wasn't in the right frame of mood when I started it?  It got mixed reviews.  Maybe I'll return to it after watching some others I have on my watch list on Amazon Prime and Netflix.

Have you watched it, and if so did you enjoy it?


This is my electric frothier.   Hubby purchased this for me after fixing my coffee for a few days right after I initially broke my foot.  I've been using a small hand held battery operated frothier, which he found annoying.  So, off to Bed, Bath and Beyond with a coupon he went.  This is really quite nice.  It heats and froths at the same time.  My hand held one only frothed.  So, initially I heated milk in the microwave and than frothed to put in my morning coffee.  It really does make the coffee special and is a lot cheaper than buying coffee out...at a coffee shop, which is something I never do.  Thank you hubby for upping my game.


16 comments:

  1. Dear Sandy
    I have read and really enjoyed listening to the Barchester Chronicles (on Radio 4) but I have to say that this TV adaptation just didn't grab me at all. I was hoping it would get better, but in my view, it isn't up there with the classic adaptations. Costumes were nice though.
    Best wishes
    Ellie

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Ellie appreciate your visit and thoughts.

      Delete
  2. Loving Jeweled Lines.
    I watch very little TV so am no help. I do prefer the British programs though. By a long way.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Me too. I like that there's less violence and outrageous sex in British vs American TV. I'm not really a tv watcher. This watching is due to the broken foot and being less mobile. But am happy I've found so many good British Shows to watch.

      Delete
  3. Those bed bath and beyond coupons sure come in handy haha Some shows do take a while to get going, not sure on that one though.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Know what you mean about shows sometimes needing time to catch up. When I run out of other shows, may give it a go a 2nd time and see what I think. Coupons make me smile.

      Delete
  4. Jeweled Lines is looking lovely.

    We are lucky to have so many good plays on TV.
    Have a good weekend.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you butterfly, appreciate the kind words about the ghan, and so agree with you on the good TV. You have a good weekend as well.

      Delete
  5. Jeweled Lines is growing and looking very nice I might add. I watched Doctor Thorne, it was okay but I wouldn't watch another series. Not a British series but have you watched This Is Us? I loved the first series and I believe you've already had the second series over there, I can't wait to be able to get it here.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for the feedback Jo on Doctor Thorne, appreciate it. Making a note and will look up This is us, thanks for the tip.

      Delete
  6. Happy frothing to you!
    Have a nice weekend too.
    Smiles.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thank you for stopping by my blog--I love the term "blog walking!" So sorry about the broken foot, but it looks like you're putting the time to good use with the afghan.

    Have you seen the original Palliser series? It's an older BBC production, but still one of my favorites.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Toni, thanks for the visit. Will look up Palliser, not familiar with it, but appreciate your recommendation.

      Delete
  8. Haven't seen Doctor Thorne but I'm making a list of programs to try outside of my usual crime dramas and half hour comedies. We no longer have cable so it's Netflix, Hulu, and Amazon Prime if it's not available by antenna.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think we're going to get rid of cable also, we just don't watch using it much except for hubbies sports.

      Delete

PLEASE leave your name and url. Do NOT use anonymous. You can use hyperlinks to take me to your blog as well, so that I might return the favor of a blog visit. Profile links, Google links DO NOT take me directly to your blog, but name url does.