I love having Followers, Thank You

Sunday, May 06, 2018

British TV, World War II, Knitting, and Fashion Icon...

You really have to keep a sense of humor about life.  In so doing, some have suggested this could be a new fashion trend, lol.  The Ortho Boot, and the hiking boot are as close as I can come to the same height.  It causes me to walk lopsided, but would be far worse if I wore a decent looking shoe.......so there you go. (was making my way to plug in my ipad when hubby snapped the shot).


 99.9% of my walking is here in the house.  Truly not very mobile and since I can't drive anywhere.......have continued to watch shows on my ipad from either Netflix or Amazon Prime. This was a very enjoyable show about strong women in England during World War II.  
I watched this one on Amazon Prime.  It first aired in May of 2015, and the last episode was May of the following year, 2016.  LOVE the period clothing, and the history of how women did so much while men were off fighting.  I think it's only been in recent years they've gotten more credit for all they did.

You probably recognize the actress on far right in the first picture and left in the 2nd pictures as Samantha Bond played Rosamund in Downton Abbey.  I also read that she played Miss Moneypenny in James Bond during the Pierce Bronson years; though I didn't recognize that.

I'm continuing to work on this afghan, Learning Logs.
And am currently working on what I believe will be the last section.  Already thinking about what to work on next.  Perhaps I'll start putting this together?
It will take some work to get things to be the right size and fit together.  

Though perhaps that's too much up and down as I'm enjoying this series that I started just yesterday.
Anyone watch Home Fires?  If you did, were you left up in the air as much as I was at the end.  Soooooooo disappointing it was cancelled after that.

Anyone watched The Grand?  Takes place in the 1920's in Manchester with lots of lust, greed, and gossip..........AND cool period clothing. 

11 comments:

  1. There were (and are) some incredibly strong women about. And I love that their stories are finally being told.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. So agree with you about the women.

      Delete
  2. I watched Home Fires but not The Grand. I was really disappointed that Home Fires was cancelled, it obviously wasn't expected because of the way it ended, I want to know what happens next. Hope you haven't got long left with the ortho boot, it must be quite limiting in what you can do with it on.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. So agree with you on Home Fires Jo. Literally I was yelling NOOOOOOO at the screen.

      Delete
  3. I haven't watched Home Fires, but I have seen it offered while I was searching in Netflix. I will certainly give it a try.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh do, don't think you'll be disappointed.

      Delete
  4. You do rock the ortho boot!
    Love the Learning Logs afghan. That's the perfect name for it.
    Have a peaceful weekend, Sandy.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for the visit, appreciate it. My daughter got a kick out of my "style".

      Delete
  5. haha have to rock what you got.

    I recognize her from Bond. I've seen Home Fries advertised. I remember reading how The Grand got cancelled and people were up in arms too.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Pat for swinging by. It's a shame when good shows get cancelled.

      Delete
  6. I haven't seen Home Fires but I'm glad you noted it ended up in the air as I really hate that. Sometimes a show will have a movie or special that clears up things but not always.

    ReplyDelete

PLEASE leave your name and url. Do NOT use anonymous. You can use hyperlinks to take me to your blog as well, so that I might return the favor of a blog visit. Profile links, Google links DO NOT take me directly to your blog, but name url does.