I love having Followers, Thank You

Thursday, May 24, 2018

Welcome Blanket

Knit, Crochet, and Quilt/Sew and use your skills to voice to participate in art, to speak up, to become an activist with your yarn.

The project ask the question...........What if instead of building a wall to keep people out, 2,000 miles of yarn be used to make blankets to welcome people, just as our Statue of Liberty suggestions when she says, "Give me your Tired, your poor".  3,500,640 yards of Blankets is the call.

If you click on the picture, you'll be able to see the pamphlet better.  Or you can click HERE for the website.

I post this as a means to help spread the word about this project.  I stumbled across this the other day and was unsure how many people knew about it.  There's not a lot of time since the deadline is August 25th I believe to be included in the exhibit.  I've also seen a note in the RAVELRY Group that indicates the deadline to donate has been extended to November 4th, 2018

14 comments:

  1. What an absolutely brilliant idea.
    Love it. And hope it is a HUGE success.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for the visit. I too love this idea and wished I'd known about it soon; but do want to see what I might be able to do and hope that blogging about it, will help spread the word.

      Delete
  2. Hi Sandy, thank you for visiting. This is a terrific idea, I agree no building walls but lets help those who need it. My son swam at Ohio State, we are big fans. Have a terrific weekend.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for the visit. Appreciate your comment also. You son must be a really good swimmer. OSU has always had wonderful swim teams.

      Delete
  3. I shared this on facebook..think it's a brilliant idea..thanks Sandy..

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for the visit, thought this would be something you could identify with and thanks for sharing it further.

      Delete
  4. I love this. Thanks for spreading the word. It's uplifting know about the project.
    Have a great weekend, Sandy.
    Be well.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Robyn, appreciate your visit.

      Delete
  5. A wonderful idea indeed. Beats a wall any day.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Pat for the visit, appreciate it. Hope more people find out about this project.

      Delete
  6. It's amazing what can be achieved when whole communities come together in this way. I hope it's a huge success.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Right you are Jo, people can do amazing things

      Delete
  7. Wow. Looking at some of these blankets I can see folks really put a lot of thought (and work) into them. Amazing patterns and colorwork.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know very creative! Thanks for your visits and comments.

      Delete

PLEASE leave your name and url. Do NOT use anonymous. You can use hyperlinks to take me to your blog as well, so that I might return the favor of a blog visit. Profile links, Google links DO NOT take me directly to your blog, but name url does.