I love having Followers, Thank You

Sunday, June 03, 2018

Watching Lark Rise to Candleford, Knitting Jeweled Lines Afghan

Jeweled Lines is growing..added green, gold-ish, another small section of green and now back to amethyst.  The section of Amethyst I'm currently working on is the half way point.  This section will be larger than the other sections and then will do a repeat of what's been done so far.  Measures 27 inches at the moment.  10 Inches longer than the last photo.
A bit hard to see the newer sections in the first photo, as I stopped last night without being at the end of a row, so I couldn't lay it out very flat...thus the bunching.  Tried this sideways view and believe you can see the addition a bit better.  My debate as this point is whether to make the Amethyst section solid, or stop half way through and add another section of the turquoise and the amethyst.  Thoughts?  I was so worried about having enough yarn I added the dark green and gold-ish.  Eyeballing it now, I might have been ok with the amount of yarn I had...but you just don't know when you're winging it.
Lark Rise to Candleford.  I LOVE LOVE LOVE this series.  I'm currently in season 4 and highly recommend it.  Robert Timmons (2nd from right Brendan coyle was one of my favorite characters Mr. Bates in Downton Abbey.  And Mini (Ruby Bentall 2nd from left was Verity Poldark in the Poldark Series).   In my next blog post, believe I'll give some thought to ranking these series I've been watching while not very mobile due to my broken foot.  I know this series will be very close to the top, if not the top.
If you watched Call The Midwives you probably recognize Nurse Phyllis (Linda Basset) lower left.  I am enjoying her more in this role as Queenie.


I have officially been given the go ahead to say good bye to this Ortho Boot!  I've been several days now without it.  I drove the other day for the first time in months.  The bone itself really won't be totally healed for about 4 more months.  I can do pretty well indoors, but am to stay away from walking in yards, and un-even terrain.  AND, if I know I'm going to be doing substantial amounts of walking I should put the boot on.  Will be continuing with PT for another month twice a week, as we work to build some strength and range of motion.  I haven't yet gone for a walk, might try around the block today if hubby has time to go with me.  It's a process, but am indeed making headway.  Thanks for all the good wishes.

14 comments:

  1. Dear Sandy
    I used to enjoy Lark Rise when it was shown on a Sunday evening. I'm glad to hear your leg and foot are improving. It's been a good opportunity for you to catch up on those TV series though!
    Best wishes
    Ellie

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It has been a nice opportunity Ellie. I didn't know so many really good British shows were out there. Thank you for the good thoughts regarding foot.

      Delete
  2. Sounds like a great show you found indeed. Wow, sure takes a long time to heal. But at least progress is being made. Being able to drive again must be nice. Although one can drive with their left foot, I've done it for 6 years haha

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The boot was so big even trying to drive with the leg foot would have been a problem...the boot would have been in the way. 6 months is apparently the normal healing time for this particular bone, slowest to heal in the foot.

      Delete
  3. Yay for giving the boot to the Boot. And healing.
    I loved the book Lark Rise to Candleford and reread it every couple of years.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I join you in cheering. Glad you enjoyed the books, Lark Rise, maybe you'll get a chance to watch the series.

      Delete
  4. The blanket's looking great. I think I would continue with a solid amethyst section. I loved Lark Rise to Candleford and was really sorry when it finished, such a lovely series. I'm trying to think of other series you might enjoy now. Have you watched Mr Selfridge, The Village, Jericho, Victoria, and a one off programme which was shown over Christmas 2016 about The Brontes, To Walk Invisible. Poldark is back on our screens on Sunday, I can't wait. Good news about your foot, I bet you won't be sad to see the back of the boot.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Jo for input on the afghan, as I knit more of that section I think I'll be better able to make a determination, but am leaning that direction. I've watched Victoria and loved it. Making notes of the others you've suggested. So excited for you to see the next series of Poldark, not sure when it will make it's way here to the States.

      Delete
  5. I think you gave really done well on color choices for the blanket.

    Congrats on losing the boot. It's the small things that make us happy. Like driving the car!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Leftycrafter. Right you small things make a difference. Thanks for visit and kind comments.

      Delete
  6. Anonymous1:29 AM

    Beautiful combination of colors for your blanket!
    Happy to see the progress in your leg...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for the visit and kind comments.

      Delete
  7. Love your blanket , I love all these programs , you are watching , I an hoping one day they will come back again.

    I am looking forward to Poldark on Sunday it is filmed in the south west not far from us.

    Good news about your leg .

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I pea green with envy that you soon get to watch Poldark session 4. It might make it here to the states in the fall. Got my fingers crossed. Think of me sitting right there beside you watching......lol Thank you for blanket comment, much appreciated.

      Delete

PLEASE leave your name and url. Do NOT use anonymous. You can use hyperlinks to take me to your blog as well, so that I might return the favor of a blog visit. Profile links, Google links DO NOT take me directly to your blog, but name url does.