We recently had to cut down the tree in the back yard. We also trimmed the two trees in the front yard. The amount of equipment and people was more than I expected.
I was amazed they got it all done in about 2 hours.
All 3 were Silver Maples. The tree in the back had been damaged by several storms and was near the house and in the middle of the power lines, so we really had no choice. Hated to loose a tree, but our timing couldn't have been better. One week after the trimming and removal we had a tornado. We still had lots of debris, but I'm sure if we hadn't gotten the back tree removed, we would have had more problems, as well as the 2 in the front.We've had rain, rain, and MORE RAIN. In the daytime, as well as at night. Some flooding in our area, and not just the day of the tornado.
No clue what kind of fungi these are growing in our flower beds in the front yard, but thought they were interesting.Things in Washington DC have not improved and there's so much going on it's maddening. None of it is good for the majority of the country.
The amount of our tax dollars he's wasted is beyond repulsive.A light summer read with a cute love story to take your mind off of the mess we're living with daily. Every Summer After, makes you want to spend the summer at the Lake. A coming of age story. Cute, light, and fun.One Golden Summer is book 2 in this 2 book series. I enjoyed both books, but liked the 2nd book better. Also a good summer love story, but a more adult love story, with some twists, complexities....and some steamy love scenes. I'll say that as a disclaimer.An interesting book about how we can make ourselves happier and treat others better in this difficult times. I didn't enjoy this as much as her first book, Becoming, but still worth the read.
.
Hubby and I a last week out to dinner. We hadn't planned to wear the same color of blue and didn't really pay attention until the people we were with at dinner said something about it and took our picture.












A tornado? Wow...how scary that must have been. We had to cut down 24 trees last fall because the top heavy tulip poplars kept falling onto the house. One destroyed my beloved Mini Cooper. For the first time in years I can stay upstairs during a storm. We used to have to hide in the basement after seeing what those trees have done to neighboring homes.
ReplyDelete