We recently had to cut down the tree in the back yard. We also trimmed the two trees in the front yard. The amount of equipment and people was more than I expected.
I was amazed they got it all done in about 2 hours.
All 3 were Silver Maples. The tree in the back had been damaged by several storms and was near the house and in the middle of the power lines, so we really had no choice. Hated to loose a tree, but our timing couldn't have been better. One week after the trimming and removal we had a tornado. We still had lots of debris, but I'm sure if we hadn't gotten the back tree removed, we would have had more problems, as well as the 2 in the front.We've had rain, rain, and MORE RAIN. In the daytime, as well as at night. Some flooding in our area, and not just the day of the tornado.
No clue what kind of fungi these are growing in our flower beds in the front yard, but thought they were interesting.Things in Washington DC have not improved and there's so much going on it's maddening. None of it is good for the majority of the country.
The amount of our tax dollars he's wasted is beyond repulsive.A light summer read with a cute love story to take your mind off of the mess we're living with daily. Every Summer After, makes you want to spend the summer at the Lake. A coming of age story. Cute, light, and fun.One Golden Summer is book 2 in this 2 book series. I enjoyed both books, but liked the 2nd book better. Also a good summer love story, but a more adult love story, with some twists, complexities....and some steamy love scenes. I'll say that as a disclaimer.An interesting book about how we can make ourselves happier and treat others better in this difficult times. I didn't enjoy this as much as her first book, Becoming, but still worth the read.
.
Hubby and I a last week out to dinner. We hadn't planned to wear the same color of blue and didn't really pay attention until the people we were with at dinner said something about it and took our picture.












A tornado? Wow...how scary that must have been. We had to cut down 24 trees last fall because the top heavy tulip poplars kept falling onto the house. One destroyed my beloved Mini Cooper. For the first time in years I can stay upstairs during a storm. We used to have to hide in the basement after seeing what those trees have done to neighboring homes.
ReplyDeleteThat's sad having to cut that many trees down, and your mini cooper.....double sad. I used to go to the basement often during storms. Thanks for the visit.
DeleteCould you please send some of that rain over here, Sandy. We could really do with a drenching about now.
ReplyDeleteSuch a lovely photo of you and your husband.
Wish I could send you some rain. We got another downpour last night and currently have standing water in the yard, flower beds, and basement. Thank you for sweet comment about the picture of hubby and I.
DeleteGlad you decided to have those trees removed before the tornado showed up. Sad but a good decision. The fungi looks like it wants to be a little flower. :) Have a good week.
ReplyDeleteI was fascinated by the fungi. Never saw any that looked like that. As these rains continue I'm getting more of them. Yeah, we really lucked out about the trees.
DeleteHi Sandy. I am wondering if the USA isn't on the verge of a financial crisis with the guy spending money like water.
ReplyDeleteYou and me both. He acts like he owns the White House and our monuments. It's really disgusting.
DeleteI envy you your rain, we have had so little here, such a shame about the trees. The photo of you and your husband is lovely:)
ReplyDeleteWish I could send you some rain, we have more then we can handle. Still having flooding issues in places.
DeleteI'm sorry to hear about the tornado. We lost power again a little over a week ago due to severe weather. Fortunately, just a lot of branches and sticks to pick up. Tree removal is so expensive but sometimes you have no choice!
ReplyDeleteRight you are about not having a choice sometimes. It was expensive having a big old tree removed and then more money to plant new ones. I'll post pictures in the next blog post about the two that the landscapers planted yesterday.
DeleteI'm glad you had the trees trimmed and/or taken down before the tornado struck! Lots of severe weather in some parts of the country. I'm eyeing my eucalyptus tree in the front garden and wondering if I should have it taken down instead of trimming it. It definitely needs to be trimmed, this year.
ReplyDeleteI hope the problem with the rabbits is under control now, with all your plants being protected by the cages around them.
Lovely picture of you and your husband; thank you for sharing. :)
Thank you, too, Sandy, for all the memes, etc.
Good luck with your tree. I hope you can just trim it vs having to cut it down. So far the plants in cages are doing better. I've not seen them being eaten anymore by the rabbits and deer. Thanks for the nice comment about hubby and I.
DeleteGlad you got those trees down before the tornado. The storms in your part of the country look so scary.You look so cute both of you in that light blue!
ReplyDeleteYeah these storms have been bad. Our community is still cleaning up from all the tree damage from the winds and trouble with flooding. Thanks, on our blue's picture.
DeleteThat was very fortunate to have had the trees felled before the tornado. Sorry to hear about the flooding - Nature can be very cruel, although not enough is being done to prevent things worsening.
ReplyDeleteWe have finally had some rain this week after a drought since June.
It looks like you had a lovely time when you went out for dinner.
Keep safe.
Best wishes
Ellie
You're right not enough is being done to prevent problems. This current administration has made matters even worse. We did have a very nice evening out.
DeleteYou and hubby look great in your color-matching outfits :-) I hope the dinner was excellent. So glad you got the trees out in time and that you suffered no serious damage in the tornado.
ReplyDeleteThank you, we had a very nice evening. We really lucked out with having those trees taken care of when we did.
DeleteWhat a nice picture of the two of you!!! Quite a coincidence that you both wore blue. I'm sure you were relieved to have those trees cut down when the tornado hit. I've never experienced one but it must be terrifying.
ReplyDeleteYour orange fungi is very pretty ( for a fungi).
Thank you Granny. Yes it was pretty scary. I hope we never experience that again.
DeleteThat's a lovely picture of you and hubby. Even though we don't intentionally color coordinate, after many years together we seem to drift into it, lol! Sorry about your tree. We have had to cut down a couple of ours and they are greatly missed but safety comes first as we all know. Thanks for an interesting post Sandy and Happy Friday!
ReplyDeleteSorry you've had to cut down some trees also. But, you're right, safety comes first. Thanks for your comment about hubby and I.
DeleteThat is such a sweet photo of you and your husband. Finding joy where and when we can is so essential, too.
ReplyDeleteThank you Bea.
DeleteGood thing that you got the trees down when you did. Love the picture of you and your husband.
ReplyDeleteGod bless.
Thanks Jackie. We lucked out for sure.
DeleteHi Sandy,
ReplyDeleteOh, I love the photo of you two.
We have had NO rain. We are crispy and very dry here. It is getting sad.
Wish I could send you some of our rain. It's been wild here. And thanks on the picture of hubby and I.
DeleteIt's sad to lose trees but sometimes it has to be done. It sounds as if it was just in time, too.
ReplyDeleteThat's a nice photogrqph of you and your husband.
You're right about the trees. And thanks!
DeleteWhat a beautiful photo of you and your husband. The fungi is gorgeous! Sounds like you got rid of those trees just bat the right time! I love silver maples! But I have heard their roots spread everywhere.
ReplyDeleteI thought the fungi was interesting, and so colorful. You're right The Silver Maples have shallow roots but they go everywhere. We've replaced the one we had to cut down with 2 Red Sunset Red Maples.
DeleteThe photo of you and your husband is really beautiful! I am so sorry about the tornado. It is great that you managed to get the trees down in time. It is sad to lose trees, but sometimes it is necessary.
ReplyDeleteThank you for sharing about this book by Michelle Obama. I have always liked her!
Your photos of the fungi are captivating!
Thank you Linda. I've always liked her as well. The fungi were so colorful I couldn't resist taking a picture.
DeleteThat was excellent timing with getting rid of the tree. Just in case you were unsure about it before.
ReplyDeleteRight you are. Hubby says better to be lucky than good.
DeleteNice picture!
ReplyDeleteThanks, appreciate it.
DeleteIt's a shame you had to lose the tree but it sounds as though it happened just in time. A lovely photo of you both.
ReplyDeleteYes, I think we really lucked out with the trees. And thank you.
DeleteThankfully you are safe from the tree.
ReplyDeleteGod bless.
Thank you Victor.
DeleteA tornado! Yikes. I'm glad everything is okay.
ReplyDeleteI appreciate your political views - being a Canadian, it feels like I have a target on my back these days. I have to remind myself that not everyone - hopefully a majority - do not feel so much vitriol against your neighbour to the north. It saddens me deeply that the relations between our country are what they are now.
I couldn't agree with you more, and everyone I know feels the same. Someday, after we get rid of this horrible administration, hopefully our countries governments can patch things up. He has caused so much harm to so many.
ReplyDelete...silver maples are lovely trees if you have a HUGE property and they aren't near anything of value. That may Orange Peel Fungus (Aleuria aurantia) or Cup Fungi (Discomycetes /Other members of the Pezizales order that grow in disturbed soils or wood mulch or Waxy Cap or Rustgill Relatives! Now that narrows it down a bit. W#hat a lovely couple you are!!!
ReplyDeleteWe've had our share of tornados around us this summer--in fact, we have the dubious honor of the most tornados in the country this year. It's been rough weatherwise. So so so tired of Trump. I don't know how we'll endure 2 1/2 more years.
ReplyDeleteSo glad you had those trees taken care of before the tornado. It really sounds like the timing saved you from bigger problems. The fungi are such curious little things, almost like nature’s way of keeping you entertained through all that rain. And I love the photo of you and your husband in matching blue--such a sweet coincidence!
ReplyDeleteHaving those trees removed a week before a tornado sounds like a true stroke of luck.
ReplyDeleteYou and your husband look adorable in your matching blue outfits—such a sweet picture! Hope the weather clears up for you soon!