I love having Followers, Thank You

Tuesday, April 13, 2010

One Year Ago Today, Memories of Mom

cross stitch samplerThis sampler is one I made many many years ago, and this picture isn't the best; but it's saying seems so very appropriate. Children are the precious rewards of a loving life.

I made this sampler long ago for my SIL for a Christmas Gift. The 3 names listed are my nephews, but it could say Chuck, Sandy, and Mike. Plug in the names of my 2 brothers and my own name and this is a loving memory of My Mother, who left us one year ago today. She had a loving life, she gave love to us all, she gave us precious memories and we miss her dearly. Though she is no longer with us in the flesh she is with us each and everyday in everything we do. We carry her in our hearts.

Off and on throughout this past year I shared memories with you in alphabetical order. This is memory M

Making Do and Mohican. Making do, Mom was the best ever at that. Through her abilities to make do-- our lives were far richer than they might have been otherwise. She taught us through her actions that you can make do and get by....an important life lesson. One that I think isn't taught nowdays as much as it should be. Making do, stretching the household budget with how you prepare food to not have waste, to utilizing hand me downs, to remaking clothing or repairing clothing. To taking fun filled inexpensive vacations with the focus always being on being together and loving each other.

Mohican, well there's a State Park here in Ohio called Mohican State Park. It's primarily known for canoeing, though fishing, hiking, and camping also exist. I still smile when I think of a canoeing venture there. Mom and Dad in one canoe, hubby and I in another. They got pretty wet, and almost tip at one point. Lots of laughs for sure. Another time, my oldest nephew wanted out of the canoe with his parents (who were shall we say not canoe savvy), and got in with Mom and Dad....he felt saver with them. Good times, good memories.

We love you Mom.

Alphabetical Memories

A=Advice, Afghan, Apples
B=Bread, and Bernie
C=Camping, Creativity and Courage
D=Dancing and Delaware Dam
E=Energy and Etiquette
F=Friday
G=Gown (wedding gown), grape pop
H=Hammocks and Holidays
I=Ice Skating and Isaly's
J=JACKS, Mother and Daughter, childhood games
K=Kindess, something we're taught
L=Love Story

5 comments:

  1. HI SANDY,
    MY HEART GOES OUT TO YOU, LOSING YOUR MOM A YEAR AGO BROUGHT SADNESS TO YOU, AS YOUR LOVE FOR HER WAS SO GREAT. MY PRAYERS GO OUT TO YOU AND YOUR MOM TODAY. YOU ARE SO FORTUNATE TO HAVE LOVELY MEMORIES OF HER AS I DO WITH MY MOM. RIZZI

    ReplyDelete
  2. May the happy memories of your mom comfort you today. I remember well, when she was ill and passed. Time goes by so quickly.
    Hugs!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I truly love your memory blogs. I lost my mom over 20 years ago and feel much the same things you express. A day doesn't go by that I'm not reminded of her in some way. Thanks for sharing (btw, I know Mohican, too. Spent Christmas eve one year camping there -- I'm from Cols area) Karen

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great memories recalled ! I had forgotten about Mohican State Park. I used to go there every summer for a twenty mile canoe trip! My parents are both gone since 94' & 97' . It's great you can share fond memories.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I hope that memories have brought some comfort to you as the time has passed. My mom is still with me, but my dad passed away a couple years ago. I think of him often as I know you do your mom.

    ReplyDelete

PLEASE leave your name and url. Do NOT use anonymous. You can use hyperlinks to take me to your blog as well, so that I might return the favor of a blog visit. Profile links, Google links DO NOT take me directly to your blog, but name url does.