I love having Followers, Thank You

Monday, January 26, 2009

The end of Darling Daughters Yarn

You might recall DD bringing home a bag of yarn at Christmas, yarn she wanted scarfs to be made from. Several she wanted for herself, others for her housemates; and I think a fellow teacher or two.

I've posted them off and on here since, the finished projects that is. Not the housemates. lol

Just tucked in the last ends on this scarf, one more from The Light n Lofty Yarn she likes so much


And another hat for recess. It's cold when you're a teacher on recess duty. This is the 3rd hat I've crocheted for her. Though the pattern called for puff stitches, I only had the one skein of Lion Brand Jiffy #325 El Paso, and so did the whole thing in DC. It's certainly thick enough given the bulky yarn; just doesn't have the texture her 2 previous hats did.

The hat is made from a now favorite hat pattern Puffy Sloucy Hat. I printed it from a free site here on the net, will look and come back with link for you all. Nice pattern. Good change from the tight fitting, I've had a hat on my head patterns.

Things are really moving along nicely on The Bridge Project. Please take a minute and check it out.

My SIL, is having fun with her blog. If you've not had a chance, please stop by and chat. If you're a teacher, a mother, a grandma in need of quality writing suggestions/games for children, her blog truly is a must read. Got a particular problem, post it for her help.

Mr. Mitten has a story you might enjoy reading.

9 comments:

  1. Greaet job! I really like the hat and will watch for your posting of the pattern! Bet your daughter's friends are delighted to receive the scarves. You're a good mom!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Really nice work once again Sandy and it is nice to have a nice variety of different hats. Our moods do change and we can change our hats with them.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love the hat. I used to knit quite a bit mianly julmpers but I haven't done it for years. Maybe it's time to give it another go.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Okay. Your newest blog student has passed me by. She added her very own gadget...did you see it?....a dictionary.

    Soon she'll have the same sickness that I have caught. It's contagious!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Those looks so warm! I love the colors.

    BTW, I gave you an award! Check it out over at my blog: http://andreasgarden.blogspot.com/2009/01/whole-bunch-of-stuff.html

    ReplyDelete
  6. Yes they do look warm. I love the baby soft yarn that's in your ad. Kathy's nephew is having a baby. Wonder how it would feel in a baby blanket?

    ReplyDelete
  7. They look great.

    We could do with you around here - I've been trying to help my daughter knit a scarf for two years (I'm not a very good teacher).

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hey Sista....Where's your new post?????

    ReplyDelete
  9. Beautiful set! You daughter will certainly be warm at recess :)

    I'm way behind, still playing catch up...up in the middle of the night, can't sleep. Dad's got pressure ulcers now (not diabetic - but looks like he has neuropathy due to poor circulation.) One day at a time...that's me :)

    Hope all is well with you!

    ReplyDelete

PLEASE leave your name and url. Do NOT use anonymous. You can use hyperlinks to take me to your blog as well, so that I might return the favor of a blog visit. Profile links, Google links DO NOT take me directly to your blog, but name url does.