I love having Followers, Thank You

Tuesday, June 29, 2010

Going out of Business, SALE

interesting handspun fiber
Recently was able to purchase some awesome fibers/yarn from a LYS that is no longer in business. How sad to see them go, as it was such a fun and funky place to visit. Everyone there, workers and shoppers were fun. They do plan to have an on line store; but I don't think that will work for me. I don't know fibers and yarns well by name, I need to see and touch them to determine what I want or what I like. How bout you?

I am pretty excited though about this purchase. Just before scheduling this post I rolled this awesome Ozark Opulent which is 65% Mohair and 35% Wool. The color is Salmon and there's about 50 yards. I've eyed this before but thought it a bit pricey so was happy to get it at 25% off; though I don't remember now what I paid for it, though I think it was $25.00? This is dyed and handspun wonderful fun. The opulent usually paired with this was gone. After looking alot and sharing brains with the awesome clerk I landed on Shale Loop-d-Loop made in Italy color 003 which is 73 yards of 35% mohair, 30%acrylic, 20% nylon, and 15% viscose. I got 3 skeins of this which were $10.00 a piece less the 25% discount. I'll have some left no doubt.

Sometimes you get really excited about a purchase...this is one of those sometimes! I have a pattern that says I should be able to make a wrap with this. Stay tuned. I've been itching to start this; but have been trying to finish a scarf for a charity first.

No comments:

Post a Comment

PLEASE leave your name and url. Do NOT use anonymous. You can use hyperlinks to take me to your blog as well, so that I might return the favor of a blog visit. Profile links, Google links DO NOT take me directly to your blog, but name url does.