I love having Followers, Thank You

Thursday, June 17, 2010

Fun and Funky

funky scarf on the needlesThis is FUN, and funky to my way of thinking. Purchased this yarn some time back for a gift; but was delayed in getting it done. Rolling this from the hank to the ball to use was a job and a half. I spent about 4 hours working on it; then took it with me this past weekend where Julie got it done. She likes the puzzle and likes playing with all the fibers. I've counted 8 different fibers mixed here, and they do catch on themselves both when rolling into a ball and while knitting.

The suggestion from my LYS when I purchased this was to use to size 13 and knit straight. They also suggest lengthwise not width wise in order to see the colors and textures develop. I used most of their suggestion in that I am knitting lengthwise and one of my needles is a 13. I chose a 6 for my 2nd needle feeling it would be way to open, prone to pulls --stretching using only 13's. I think the 6 on one side helps to give it a bit more body? As a result is it going to be more narrow, or am I stretching the yarn where it will end up wider? These things always confuse me a bit. Bigger needles make bigger stitches, but also use more yarn. Anyway, I LOVE the fun in seeing how this changes as I continue to work on it.

4 comments:

  1. Don't know anything about knitting. Looks like a huge skirt to me. heh What an interesting pattern the yarn makes! Can't wait to see it finished.

    ReplyDelete
  2. It does look like a skirt when bunched on the needles like that doesn't it. lol Hadn't thought of that

    ReplyDelete
  3. Before you got to your question, I was wondering the same thing. Will await other comments.

    ReplyDelete
  4. This really does look like a fun yarn to work with. Watching how all of the colors play out. Your lys was right about knitting lengthwise though.

    ReplyDelete

PLEASE leave your name and url. Do NOT use anonymous. You can use hyperlinks to take me to your blog as well, so that I might return the favor of a blog visit. Profile links, Google links DO NOT take me directly to your blog, but name url does.