I love having Followers, Thank You

Wednesday, November 26, 2008

Surprise and Squares!!!




Andrea made my day. THANKS!! It's been a bit tough lately (if you've read the post about mom you know what I'm referring to). Coming home today from a less than satisfactory visit with Mom to find a box on my porch!!! Lots of goodies inside, I won Sunnie_fairie,s contest--check out her cool blog Octopi Crafts

Including a picture of the box and goodies, my favorite is the flower (shown in a separate picture). You really REALLY made my day, what a nice pick me up.

Mom is home from the rehab center, though I'm on pins and needles; as I think things still aren't good.

Daughter is due in shortly from Baltimore (fingers crossed, it appears her flight is on time---as rare as that is).

Sent out 15, 7 inch squares yesterday from Warming Omaha. Lots of colors, hope they help Robyn's cause.

Made a pair of slippers and working on a 2nd pair for Pine Ridge. Made 4 batches of homemade noddles. Took over one batch for Mom and Dad to have chicken and noddles for dinner. Did 3 pies today (not from scratch, Mrs. Smith's I just put them in the oven).

Happy Thanksgiving to you all

10 comments:

  1. glad you liked it! it was a pleasure to give away. have a great thanksgiving! :]

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy Thanksgiving to you and your family, Sandy!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Happy Thanksgiving to you and your family.
    I've just been busy. Sorry for not stopping by. I hope everyone is well and you have a wonderful holiday.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Anonymous9:48 PM

    These are such delightful gifts. I can see why they lifted your spirits. Hubby is in hospital with Pneumonia. We thought it was his heart but it isn't. We are happy about that. That's part of why I am so late getting here. Hope things are looking up for you.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I hope you had a wonderful Thanksgiving, and I hope your mom does ok now that she is home.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I saw your last comment on my blog. I'm not really running a hat drive. My crochet guild always does a donation to our local Salvation Army in December. So, when Jorie was looking for charities around the country, I suggested my guild's donation as her Connecticut charity, and she kindly made some items for us.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hey there!

    I believe Steph (aka nepenny) who posted to blogspot is "leftygirl" from livejournal. This is another reason why I think having a Yahoo group where folks can all e-mail each other will help. Everyone will get to know each other!

    Take care.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Sorry, that last comment was from me...forgot I was signed into our group's gmail account.

    D'oh! :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hi Sandy,

    I posted to the group but also wanted to contact you directly -- I know you're busy and may not have time to check my post :)

    I really appreciate you expressing your concerns, but hopefully I can ease your mind...

    You do not at all have to join the Yahoo group. Mainly, I set up the Yahoo page because it's a central place to put things like our labels to send with projects, addresses, and all of that other stuff we've never had a place for. If you just bookmark that page you'll still be totally in the loop. I just thought getting an email reminder would be easier for some folks.

    Limiting the drives to one per month was just an effort to decrease confusion. We are going to have addresses for all drives posted at the yahoo page, so no more asking where to send stuff, who is doing what, any of that. If a drive is listed as being for January, you can still go back and make stuff for it in March. It's just we'll highlight it in January and say "this month, Margie is collecting items for How Many People Can we Dress. Send here."

    Really, your reality will change very little except that now when you make stuff for a drive, it'll be much easier to figure out where to ship them.

    I hope that makes sense and helps. I'd hate for you to be unhappy. You've been an integral addition to this group and you are an awesome person to boot!

    ReplyDelete
  10. What an awesome surprise box! Great goodies!!

    ReplyDelete

PLEASE leave your name and url. Do NOT use anonymous. You can use hyperlinks to take me to your blog as well, so that I might return the favor of a blog visit. Profile links, Google links DO NOT take me directly to your blog, but name url does.