I love having Followers, Thank You

Tuesday, November 18, 2008

Fingers and Toes Crossed

Well since the posting of Worst Week (previous post), I'm almost afraid to say shhhhh things might be getting better. Everytime I think things look better, or look like we're moving forward...we go back 4 steps.

Mom got released to the 2nd Rehab Facility from the Hospital on Sunday. The day everyone was sick, Dad, my husband me sorta, my sister-in-law; my nephew stayed with Dad for the night so at least we felt better that nothing further would happen to him.

Hubby had the lightess case of the 3 of us. ONly part of the day and just felt tired for another day, I had it slightly over 12 hours and felt dizzy and light headed for 3 days, daddy lost 7 pounds..he was somewhere in between the 2 of us with severity.

I check on everything Sunday am, and head back home to regroup and recoup, and fill everyone in over the phone. Dad calls early next morning....pre 8 am to say he's ready to go to the hospital. He wakes up my older brother after waking me up. We know...my brother and I that the release is gonna take HOURS, and try to explain; but Dad thinks he needs and wants to be there first thing. So...off we go. We stand around for about 4 hours, finally everything is official, ambulance comes and we head to The Rehab Center. She has a nice private room, roomey, nice and efficient staff, the room is yellow---her favorite color and we're all pretty up when we see everything....except her. She says she doesn't like it, bed's too hard, the food isn't good, and on and on and on. Can't think of any positive thing she said. We all tried really really hard to get her to see this was best. Daddy spent the night with her, slept in a reclincer in her room. He was misserable, uncombfortable and his back was bothersome next day.

Fast forward today is Tuesday and it's almost over. She must have realized this was really the best for her, for daddy, and for us and the only way she was going to recover. Her attitude was much improved the next day when she called, and then I visited and ran several errands for them. Had one rest day-get acquainted with the facilty day, then Monday the hard work of physical therapy began. Tuesday, today...harder and more painful still...but she's beginning (the first time in about 1 month), beginning to make headway. Now, daddy's being a bit of pill. I don't want to get old. Emotionally, this is awful for both of them. They are, and we kids are, realizing they aren't and never will be again independant. It's official now, my older brother said. Our parents are old and are roles are reversed. It's really quite sad, frustrating, difficult.

Had my 3rd chiropracter apt today, and hoping I'm gonna be able to maintain tomorrow at work. I work a very fast past job, always on my feet and if they weren't short staffed right now...really wouldn't be going back tomorrow. Told them I would do my best, but was not 100%, and was most definately slower than normal. My job is pretty physical, so we'll see how it goes.

Sent off a large stack of Thanksgiving Cards for Shareacard today, waiting on address to send 6 pr. of booties and 4 hats (to be picture...maybe tomorrow) for the 10 preemie project through Homespun Helpers. Worked a bit tonight on the Candy Corn Ghan (haven't touched it in months).

I've not had time to come and visit any of you, to see what you're all up to. Hope all are doing well, and I will try to soon. Many many thanks for your understanding, your good wishes and vibs and prayers....all much needed and very much appreciated.



  1. wow! looks like life is throwing you a bumpy road! Your family is in my thoughts.

    P.S. you won my giveaway! hope it's your little flower on the side of the bumpy road!

  2. I'm so glad to hear that things are going better for you and your family. Hopefully things will continue to improve. I'll keep sending good thoughts your way. Take care.

  3. You make it sound like it just breezed by, but I know better. Bless you all.

  4. Oh my, Sandy!! I am so sorry that this is happening to your family! That is such good news that things are looking better and your mom has realized that she "needs" this help. I'll continue to pray for your back and the rest of your family.

  5. Hi Sandy,

    I too am glad things are getting better!

    To contact Ninja over at livejournal, try posting as a comment to one of her posts with your e-mail address. In fact, to make it easy, go here:


    That should take you right to the comment box for her most recent post. Just post there and say you have stuff to send, you need her address, and give your e-mail. She should be able to get back to you that way :)

  6. Hi Sandy,

    Gee, you sure have had your share of troubles. It's very hard to care for your parents as they age. If we get sick it really makes things even worse. Hope each day gets easier and I'll continue to keep you all in my prayers.

    To answer your questions: Yes, I do carry the yarn along the side. Change the colors as I go to make the stripes.

    I used worsted weight yarn with size 6 needles. I cast on 38 stitches for a 9 inch square. If you want to make a smaller square
    I would do a swatch and find out how many stitches per inch. Then multiply it by the size square you want. You should end up with the size you want. (For example if you end up with 5 stitches per inch and you want a 6 inch square you would cast on 30 stitches.) You might have to play with it a little to get the right dimensions. Hope this helps!

    happy knitting :)

  7. So glad to hear that things are looking better!! Hope all of you are on the road to recovery!

    Thanks for you kind comments on my blog.
    And Marine Corps Kids is always happy to accept anything that you want to send us. Your work is so beautiful!

  8. Hi!

    I'm glad that things are starting to look up! When your up to learning to knit socks....there's lots of help in cyber-world.


NO Google+ Profile Links please. Comments with name and url, or hyperlinks so I can return your visit.


Blog Widget by LinkWithin