Friday, March 18, 2011
Completion of the 2nd longest Work In Progress EVER
This ghan has been in the works for far too long. For a friend at work. I blogged about here, but the short version is...I estimated yarn needed badly on this one. That doesn't happen often and by the time I realized it I was about 2/3 rd done. Soooooo, I had to frog it. Once that was done, I searched my stash for yarn that would blend and came up with the taupe you see on the 2 sides and in a the centers of several of the squares.
Here's a close up of the border which I liked and felt pulled the project all together nicely. In truth, I didn't care much for this ghan which was another problem in trying to get it done. I used a smaller hook then I would normally use for these stitches and yarn in order to make it nice and tight and warm. She doesn't like holes in her ghans.
Here's a close up of the squares again with a view of the boarder. She was very pleased with her ghan and once she got it placed on her sofa she skyped me so I could see it on her sofa. Gotta love technology. I had selected the yarn from colors in one of her sofa pillows. The design--circle in a square also comes from the design on her sofa pillow. It's a very large ghan, larger than I usually make; but was necessary I think to pull off the design and have the new color work.