I love having Followers, Thank You

Friday, March 18, 2011

Completion of the 2nd longest Work In Progress EVER


opal afghan This ghan has been in the works for far too long. For a friend at work. I blogged about here, but the short version is...I estimated yarn needed badly on this one. That doesn't happen often and by the time I realized it I was about 2/3 rd done. Soooooo, I had to frog it. Once that was done, I searched my stash for yarn that would blend and came up with the taupe you see on the 2 sides and in a the centers of several of the squares.
close up afghan border Here's a close up of the border which I liked and felt pulled the project all together nicely. In truth, I didn't care much for this ghan which was another problem in trying to get it done. I used a smaller hook then I would normally use for these stitches and yarn in order to make it nice and tight and warm. She doesn't like holes in her ghans.


Here's a close up of the squares again with a view of the boarder. She was very pleased with her ghan and once she got it placed on her sofa she skyped me so I could see it on her sofa. Gotta love technology. I had selected the yarn from colors in one of her sofa pillows. The design--circle in a square also comes from the design on her sofa pillow. It's a very large ghan, larger than I usually make; but was necessary I think to pull off the design and have the new color work.

11 comments:

  1. Stunning .. and huge! What a massive amount of work! I love the effect of the border. Really beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you nursenikkiknits, appreciate it. It was huge and I feel such a since relief getting it finally done.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Anonymous12:03 PM

    This is lovely....i'm still trying to learn to crochet...it is crochet right? well either way its very nice :-)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow, it's beautiful! I love the colors, so it's a good thing you ran out of yarn! LOL They go great together. Your coworker is going to love you forever for it!

    ReplyDelete
  5. You frogged 2/3rds of an afghan???! This is my horrified face. :0

    It looks nice, now, though. Sorry you didn't like working on it (Even aside from the frogging...)

    ReplyDelete
  6. It's very pretty. I'm glad you finished it!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Yeah, I would never have frogged it. I'd have used it for something else - lapghan or something, and started over with new yarn for the friend. Cos that would break my heart. But your finished product is beautiful!! What a lovely border you used. You are always so clever in your designs.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Your friend should be very happy with her blanket...you did a great job with the design and the finished item is gorgeous and very modern looking! I'm sure you are relieved that it's finally finished :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. So much work -- but so worth it! I think it really turned out lovely. And the border is great!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I totally love this ghan! I'd love to have one of those in my home!

    By the way, I updated the Duck Washcloth Pattern post to include some pictures and needle sizes. Check it out. =)

    ReplyDelete
  11. Thank you Anna, Sus, hakucho, Sandie P, Marushka, Unforth, Tami, and Littlecrafting corner, appreciate your visits and nice comments.

    ReplyDelete

PLEASE leave your name and url. Do NOT use anonymous. You can use hyperlinks to take me to your blog as well, so that I might return the favor of a blog visit. Profile links, Google links DO NOT take me directly to your blog, but name url does.