I love having Followers, Thank You

Wednesday, September 14, 2011

Pink Petuna

It's Wednesday and time for another WIP post. Above is the start of Pink Petuna. Pink Petuna is an OddBall Baby Blanket. I've often worked with this charity group who sends blankets around the country, every knitter doing a section based on a theme. The last 2 I did were Mardi Gras, and Cinco de Mayo where I was the border patrol person (the person who crochets the border). Final pictures after blocking for those 2 blankets will be Friday's Finished Object Post. They've already been mailed off. Pink Petuna is worsted weight yarn...and the bright pink caused me to name it, Pink Petuna. I cast on 120, rather than the traditional 100, feeling the last couple of blankets were a bit too small. Babies now days seem to be getting larger and larger. I'm using the the needles that traveled with Cinco de Mayo (size 8), and a stitch called Little Blocks from the 200 Knitted Blocks by Jan Eaton. I used this stitch on the wedding ghan I recently finished and liked it's texture so thought I'd use it again. Will do a few more inches, and when assignments are complete I'll mail off to the next person in line and Pink Petuna will start her travels. I'm also working on Pink Poddle Ghan which will be donated for Bridge and Beyond for a new program, where afghans are given as house warming gifts when a previously homeless family transitions from temporary housing into their permanent housing.

2 comments:

PLEASE leave your name and url. Do NOT use anonymous. You can use hyperlinks to take me to your blog as well, so that I might return the favor of a blog visit. Profile links, Google links DO NOT take me directly to your blog, but name url does.