I love having Followers, Thank You

Wednesday, June 22, 2011

Pink Poddle Ghan

pink poodle ghanBeen awhile since I posted an update to show you progress on this diagonal striped afghan. It reminds me of back in the day, poodle skirts for those of ya as old as me. Thus it's name. When I started this ghan I had several charities in mind, one of which was my very own Bridge and Beyond for the gals at Nancy Place through Faith Mission. Then I heard about the need in Joplin, Missouri and believe if I can get it done anytime in the near future; that's where it's headed. Those folks lost so much, perhaps some young girl will enjoy curling up with this and find some comfort. Perhaps too, someone as old as me who remembers poodle skirts? I've laid this aside though for awhile in order to work on The Wedding Ghan, the wedding is after all Aug 13th...

I find when I'm tired I work on the poodle ghan, as I don't have to count or do different stitches, like I do for the wedding ghan. Don't like working on it when I'm tired, I've already frogged and made changes/corrections too many times.

Normally I have lots of projects going, but for now am just working back and forth between these 2. I do have plenty of other wip (work in progress) pieces, but I've put them all away for the time being.

11 comments:

  1. Looking good! I think having two WIPs is healthy every once in a while ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. It looks really cute :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. It's looking good so far Sandy! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. You wouldn't want to know how many wips I have.
    The poodleghan is very pretty.

    ReplyDelete
  5. It's always good to have a mindless project to work on when you're tired. Or drunk. =D I'm always finding that in the morning I have to rip back a row or two due to a mistake I made while my brain was gone.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Two is a good number to be working on....I wish I could say I'm only working on 2!

    ReplyDelete
  7. The colors make me think of a pink bumblebee!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love 50's fashion and poodle skirts! What a fun choice of colors for your ghan and a great charity.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Love the colors! Agree, same colors as you might see in the old poodle skirts. Break out the saddle shoes!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I'm sure that lovely pink & black afghan will mean a lot to someone who's having a difficult time.

    Sometimes it's good to concentrate on just a couple of projects so you get some momentum. I'm doing that myself right now.

    ReplyDelete
  11. I can't resist...your blanket looks like good 'n Plenty to me ;)

    ReplyDelete

PLEASE leave your name and url. Do NOT use anonymous. You can use hyperlinks to take me to your blog as well, so that I might return the favor of a blog visit. Profile links, Google links DO NOT take me directly to your blog, but name url does.