I love having Followers, Thank You

Saturday, January 01, 2011

Waiting to be?

brown taosWaiting to be, no doubt a scarf as 2 skeins is the right amount. Though it could be a hat? It's my favorite Taos, 100% wool yarn. I love to knit with this and have often. My question here is....is this female or male yarn? I've changed my mind about 3 times since purchasing it; but I've been itching to start something using it. I really should probably know it's intended for male or female though before starting. Need some help, what do you think? I might like to start this as my first small on the go type project for the new year....sooo. What say you? And, has anyone crocheted with it? I've only knitted with it to date.

I don't plan to watch football for New Years, do you? I'm hoping to take a walk, my first walk of the new year.

Scarf or hat, Male or Female? hum.... Knit or Crochet?

6 comments:

  1. I'm not much help...I think the yarn is unisex ;)

    happy knitting :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. HI SANDY,
    I LIKE THE COLOR OF THE YARN, I GUESS YOU COULD MAKE A MAN OR BOY A SCARF, BUT I THINK IT IS PRETTY.
    YOU MENTIONED IN YOUR COMMENT YOU LEFT ME SOMETHING ABOUT IF I HAD ISSUES, WHAT ISSUES, AND I ONLY HAVE ONE BLOG, AND YOU SEEMED TO THINK I HAD TWO OR MORE. I DON'T UNDERSTAND, I AM A LITTLE CONFUSED.
    RIZZI

    ReplyDelete
  3. It's hard to judge the colors by this picture. It appears to have some muted tones of rose and lavender. Depending on how pronounced that is, would determine my decision. I really like it for a man's scarf, unless it's too 'pretty'.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Rizzi, sorry to have confused you. I was getting several of the blogs with sea in the title mixed up. Sorry bout that.

    Good point Lily, I may have to pull some out of the skein to better see how much of each color there is. Thanks for the idea.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hello, and Happy New Year! You have a nice blog and I plan to visit often!

    Mmmm... That yarn has such gorgeous colors that I don't think I could part with it if I were you -- so I vote female, definitely! ;) As for knit or crochet, I think it would depend on how the color changes look in each. Maybe a swatch in each in order to decide? Sorry for suggesting extra work! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  6. I would say male from the picture, but it might also make a difference on how the pattern works out.

    ReplyDelete

PLEASE leave your name and url. Do NOT use anonymous. You can use hyperlinks to take me to your blog as well, so that I might return the favor of a blog visit. Profile links, Google links DO NOT take me directly to your blog, but name url does.