I love having Followers, Thank You

Saturday, July 18, 2009

Traditional 4th of July Celebration

To the right in my side bar you'll see a photo widget I made with the pictures from our 4th of July Celebration. We had more food then we needed (nothing new), drink a plenty, and games. There were 14 of us, and for awhile my 3 neighbors joined us making 17. We had corn on cob, salad, potato salad, marinated chicken breasts, a variety of drinks both soft and adult.

A good time was had by all. We played corn hole, had 2 games going at one time, badmitten...lots and lots of badmitten. Had the croquet set up; but we ended up not playing that game.

After the family all headed their separate ways, hubby and I walked down to our neighborhood fireworks display. It was wonderful! One of the best we've seen. We were up close and personal, loved it.

It was odd not having Mom with us this year, her favorite holiday and all; but she was in all of our thoughts as we enjoyed each others company.

***Question:
does anyone know if you can put one of those picture widgets in the actual post? I tried, but perhaps I didn't do it correctly?

3 comments:

  1. Hi Sandy. Long time, huh? I'm still alive and kicking.
    Linda

    ReplyDelete
  2. sounds like a great time. i don't have any traditions for the 4th.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Looks like everyone had a good time. Love the cornhole game. It's fun and quite popular.

    ReplyDelete

PLEASE leave your name and url. Do NOT use anonymous. You can use hyperlinks to take me to your blog as well, so that I might return the favor of a blog visit. Profile links, Google links DO NOT take me directly to your blog, but name url does.