I love having Followers, Thank You

Tuesday, November 21, 2023

Gobble Gobble and More

 

Happy Thanksgiving one and all.  Spotted this turkey while out walking the other day.  Normally, I'm not a fan of blow up directions; but thought the turkey was sorta cute.

Making headway with The Sherbet blanket.  The bright pink section I'm working on now is the wider section you see towards the bottom of the picture, then light pink, green, and bright pink edge.  I think it's going to be a bit smaller than I anticipated; but was trying to be careful and not run out of yarn.  That's the problem when you're using up this and that and don't know how much yarn you have and wing it.

Leaves before raking.  It takes generally 3 rounds of raking to get all the leaves from these 2 trees, then another couple of raking and or mulching with the mower those that blow over from the neighbors yard.  His trees drop later than ours, and he tends not to rake until they're almost totally down...meanwhile they blow in my yard.

Switched out the pumpkin placemats for the more fall looking leaf mats.

These are my birthday roses from hubby.  They were called Hot Sauce.  I've never seen such a color combination with the red and yellow.  Gorgeous, and they go so well with my fall table.

I almost didn't read this book, given the title; but the look her face made me curious.  Jennette McCurdy was child actress, later a writer and maintains a podcast.  This book is a New York Times Best Seller and International Best Seller.  It's funny, it's sad, it's a autobiography of her growing up years, dealing with eating disorders and the toll that took.  It was enlighten for me, as I've not known someone who suffered from an eating disorder...at least not to my knowledge.  The audio book is 6 hours.

 This 9 hour audio book was a Pulitzer Price winning book.  A historical fiction that takes place in Alabama with a look at generations of White vs Black, backward social norms and what finding out the truth can do a family that for years was entrenched as a leader in the community.

A 4 hour Novella filled with intrigue, duty, money, flooding a rescue ? And of course love interest.......then throw in the criminals and you have an enjoyable griping story 

None of these 3 books are my typical genre; but I recommend the books just the same.  Sometimes you need to change things up.

Making my Way to Edinburgh, still blogging about my touring The UK




39 comments:

  1. The books sound interesting. I can't listen to audio books because I'll fall asleep. :) Have a lovely Thanksgiving.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm just the opposite Bill, reading puts me to sleep. Makes my eyes tired; but I listen to LOTS of books, while doing other things, like walking, knitting, laundry, meal prep etc.

      Delete
  2. Happy Thanksgiving! Hot Sauce is beautiful, and perfect for the table, Happy Birthday btw.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for the visit, glad you thought the roses were beautiful too. I've really been enjoying them.

      Delete
  3. Hi, Happy Thanksgiving to you and yours. I love the roses, beautiful color combination. Happy Birthday to you too. :-)
    I also am not a fan of blow ups, but this turkey did make me smile. ;-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Right back at ya Carla. And stay warm, looks like temps are going to be cold for Thanksgiving.

      Delete
  4. Your table is going to look perfect with the leaf mats and the gorgeous roses! Happy Birthday to you and Happy Thanksgiving!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Happy belated Birthday, and Happy Thanksgiving to you and yours. The roses are gorgeous, as it the table.
    That title would put me off too, though it does sound interesting. The other two are definitely more my type of reading. When I get done with my library book and the next book club novel, I'll see if I can locate one or two of them. Thanks for the recommendations.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for good wishes, much appreciated. If you read the books let me know what you think.

      Delete
  6. It seem that "I'm Glad My Mother Died" seems to be a popular book these days.
    Not sure if I will read it in the near future.
    I have mix feeling about blow up decoration.
    Coffee is on.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm sipping coffee as we chat. The book is popular despite the title.

      Delete
  7. Happy birthday and Happy Thanksgiving too. The roses are lovely - bright and cheerful and perfect for this time of year.
    Best wishes
    Ellie

    ReplyDelete
  8. I wish you a happy Thanksgiving.
    Have fun continuing to knit, it will be finished soon and it's always nice when a piece is finished.
    Beautiful roses, I like them. All good wishes for your birthday.
    Many greetings to you.
    p.s. We are also in the process of raking the leaves in the garden.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You're right it always nice to get a piece finished. Thanks for the good wishes. Careful with the raking, we need to pace ourselves.

      Delete
  9. Happy Thanksgiving! & Happy Birthday too! Beautiful roses! Hope your travels are going well. Thanks for stopping by. Always interesting to see your comments and also to find out about your knitting projects here. Thanks for the wonderful reviews too. Stay safe and have lots of fun adventures!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Happy Thanksgiving Sandy and a very Happy Birthday too. Your roses are a really lovely colour and a great name :-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Many thanks for the good wishes, much appreciated.

      Delete
  11. Happy Thanksgiving and a Happy Birthday as well. Those roses are beautiful.

    Love the blanket as well. The colours are very soothing.

    God bless.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, much appreciated. Getting closer to the finish line with the blanket.

      Delete
  12. ...the cousin of that turkey lives across the road from us! I mulched up the last of the leaves, what few remain can be dealt with in spring. Happy 29th birthday!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. LOL, thanks on the 29th Birthday. I'm almost where you are now with saying what's left leaf wise can wait til spring. Then the 2nd neighbors tree started and more ended up in my yard than hers, so I guess I have yet one more round. Maybe tomorrow if it dries out.

      Delete
  13. Happy Thanksgiving and Happy Belated Birthday! I wish I could get into the habit of reading again. Love your recommendtions.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you much appreciated. I really enjoy audio books, that's what got me into it.

      Delete
  14. Your birthday roses are beautiful, such a pretty colour. The Jennette McCurdy book would pull me in with a title like that. I think family relationships are so interesting.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I really enjoyed the roses, so interesting and different. The book was very interesting, let me know what you think if you read it.

      Delete
  15. Wishing you all the best in Thanksgiving Season. Happy Birthday too. Great flowers.

    God bless.

    ReplyDelete
  16. I appreciate the depth of your expertise.

    ReplyDelete
  17. Happy belated Birthday, Sandy! Your autumn table looks very inviting.

    ReplyDelete
  18. Hope you had a nice time in Edinburgh and a great birthday, too! I enjoy seeing your projects.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I really did enjoy Edinburgh, hope you popped over to see the pictures. I really need to get this project finished...running out of time.

      Delete
  19. I hope you had a nice Thanksgiving. Happy belated birthday. Those roses are so pretty! Another blogger I followed absolutely hated the Mother book. I think that form of humor is not for everyone.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Many thanks. The book was fascinating to me because it was a true story and the family dynamic was interesting. We all know things in families can be different, weird, etc. An important look at eating disorders.

      Delete
  20. Those veggies look absolutely wonderful and would suit us perfectly as we drift ever more frequently to a vegetarian diet.

    ReplyDelete

PLEASE leave your name and url. Do NOT use anonymous. You can use hyperlinks to take me to your blog as well, so that I might return the favor of a blog visit. Profile links, Google links DO NOT take me directly to your blog, but name url does.