I love having Followers, Thank You

Saturday, September 16, 2023

Sherbet Blanket, Outlander, Exercise Oh My

 

Making headway with the Sherbet blanket.  The middle section is just about an inch short of what I want.  I want the blanket to be in 3 parts.  The first section is all the colors, the middle the bright pink, and then repeat the colored section for the third section.  Didn't work on it while in England for 2 wks, which I've been blogging about on my travel blog.  But did take it on our road trip to Williamsburg, which I'll blog about when I've finished the England tour blogging.



The entire series (9 books), of The Outlander series by Diana Gabaldon is 413 hours in audio books.  Whew!  But, is soooooooooo worth it.  Sadly this picture is not in order.  Not sure why, maybe a color thing.  Yes I've watched some of tv series, but not the last 2 seasons and decided I wanted to read the books.  The narration is so well done, I think you would miss something if you read them vs listened to them.  Here's the proper order.

  1. Outlander                         33 hours
  2. Dragon Fly in Amber              39 hours
  3. Voyager                           43 hours
  4. Drums of Autumn                 45 hours
  5. The Fiery Cross                    56 hours
  6. A Breath of Snow and Ashes     57 hours
  7. An Echo in the Bone               46 hours
  8. Written in My Own Blood          45 hours
  9. Go Tell the Bees I'm Gone        49 hours

Davina Porter is the lady that narrates all 9 books.  She is English, her father was a real Londoner= Cockney, her mother was born in St. Andrews Scotland, and she married Glasgow born Scot.  So lots of diversity in language/accents.  She truly does a wonderful job!!  I highly recommend all 9 books with her reading them.
All I can record for the month of August is steps/miles walking which would include mowing the yard.  I was in England for 2 wks and got a good number of steps while on tour.  My highest day was 20,473 steps (9miles) in the month which was mid month, while in England.  Additionally I had 2 days with 17K in steps (7 miles), again while touring England.  So, I'm happy with the steps/miles  The month total is 126.58 miles (306,953 steps) which is more than the July total of 102.54 miles.  Elbow is better, but still not 100% so have not tried to do planks.  I have started doing some yard work with the fall clean up of flower beds.  I am not however using the spudbar which caused the injury.  I am able to dig up lilies with a shovel because they  don't have hard roots in order to thin things out in the flower beds.


50 comments:

  1. Ohhhhh I love the sherbet blanket. Our favorite summer drink is ginger ale poured rainbow sherbet.
    England must have been a wonderful trip. I must check out your travel blog
    Hugs cecilia

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Cecilia, that summer drink sounds very refreshing.

      Delete
  2. Your blanket is really quite wonderful. As the husband of a quilter I am not totally devoid of appreciation of such creations. Thanks for the book recommendations. I'll have to see what the local library carries.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Would love to see some pictures of your wives quilt sometime. You could add it to your blog...what my wife does when she's not birding with me.

      Delete
  3. The blanket is looking good, hopefully it will look like what you want it too. The books sound interesting, I haven't read any of the author's books before. Have a good weekend.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Bill, the books are very very entertaining.

      Delete
  4. Hi, I just love the blanket. I looks so soft from the photos.
    I just finished reading Three Sisters... thank you for sharing that book with us, it was good.
    Carla

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Carla, much appreciated. Glad to hear you liked Three Sisters!

      Delete
  5. * It ... I see I typed * I looks so soft
    Sorry about that.
    Carla

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. LOL, I often catch my typo's after the fact and when you can't edit...well, play through.

      Delete
  6. Me again... answering your question regarding microgreens. I have mine in a East window and they do well.
    :-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Carla, I'm making a note. Appreciate the follow up.

      Delete
  7. Your blanket is looking lovely and the pastel shades are really pretty. It's great when you find a series that you really enjoy. Glad to hear your elbow is improving - take it easy with the Autumn cleaning up!
    Best wishes
    Ellie

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Will do on the fall clean up. I'm limiting how long I work and what I'm doing.

      Delete
  8. That is a truly impressive amount of walking. I have not yet tried audio books. I like to be able to stop and think about things and sometimes go back and reread sections. Perhaps sometime.
    I love your sherbet blanket.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I sometimes rewind my audio books if I want to hear something again, plus you can always pause. It's a fascinating series with lots of action.

      Delete
  9. Great post, your blanket is so lovely.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, much appreciated.

      Delete
  10. Linda manta y me gustaron mucho los libros de la forastera. Te mando un beso. Enamorada de las letras

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I plugged in your comment to google translate and got this: Nice blanket and I really liked the stranger's books. I send a kiss. In love with letters. **Thank you on the blanket, I'm guessing google translate might not have gotten the rest right.

      Delete
  11. Glad to hear your elbow is on the mend. I shall pop over to your travel blog and have a read about your recent trip to the UK.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Jo, much appreciated.

      Delete
  12. Hiya, Sandy! I just came back from a trip to Germany. -still jet-lagged and beat from a head cold. The sherbet blanket is very sweet. Take care!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sorry about the cold, hope you feel better soon. Looking forward to hearing about your trip to Germany. I've not been back from England for very long.

      Delete
  13. It looks like you have been busy! Thanks for dropping by! All the best to your creations! & keeping up with those steps too. Thanks for being here!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Ellie, just about ready to put on my walking shoes and head out, appreciate the encouragment.

      Delete
  14. The blanket will be great for chilly days.
    Coffee is on, and stay safe.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Dora, sipping coffee as we speak.

      Delete
  15. I loved the Outlander series and read them all.

    That blanket will look lovely once finished.

    God bless.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Jackie, glad you also enjoyed the series.

      Delete
  16. Your sherbet blanket is coming on a treat and will be so cosy when finished. Not read any of the Outlander books but an audio version might be tempting. Glad the elbow is feeling better.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much for your kind words, much appreciated. I do hope you try the audio books.

      Delete
  17. I watched the first 3 seasons of the TV series "Outlander." Good to know the audio books are well done too! I'm going over to your travel blog to check out your English adventures now.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for the visit, sing out if you try the audio books.

      Delete
  18. Replies
    1. I've ask you before to please stop posting this kind of a post.

      Delete
  19. Good morning! Nice work on the blanket, and your step count is impressive! Here's the link to that dishcloth pattern; it was on the previous post. As you can see, the pattern shows up much better with a single color thread:https://www.ravelry.com/patterns/library/slipped-stitch-dishcloth. I enjoyed reading the Outlander books, but it looks like I missed one!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for the pattern link Judy, much appreciated. I think book 9 came out quite a bit later, as I've seen packages of the series with only 8 books. Agree on the single color.

      Delete
  20. A very beautiful blanket.
    You walked a lot, congrats!
    Glad your elbow improves.
    All the best.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for the kind words, much appreciated.

      Delete
  21. I read the Outlander series as it was published, but I decided to not read the last one because the story began to drag for me. I just love the name of the blanket!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sorry you thought the series began to drag. I liked all lead up to The Rev. War, and how city to city things were different. I didn't like how book 9 ended...up in the air, so have been trying to find The Lord John Series; but have only found it in digital format so far, not audio. I really want the audio format. Thanks on the blanket. It's the first thing I thought of looking at those colors.

      Delete
  22. Walking is great for the mind, body, and soul. Be proud, and keep moving.

    ReplyDelete
  23. Hi Sandy. Welcome back.

    ReplyDelete
  24. 126 miles in one month! Oh my -that is amazing! I really need to up my walking game:)

    ReplyDelete
  25. So sorry to hear of your injury. It really messes up all the good things you were accomplishing. I can only hope that all that exercise makes your tissues recover more easily.

    ReplyDelete
  26. Can you believe that I've never listened to a book on tape? I read all the time but with my eyes not my ears )). (nowadays mostly on my Kindle). Your review here is the first one that ever made me want to try listening! I know our son always has one going in his car and listening to a book while driving didn't appeal to me .

    ReplyDelete
  27. Hi, Sandy. Walking is my second nature, as I don't drive. I'll advise any persistent walker to protect knees with some sort of elastic brace. I wish I was given this advise when I was younger. Now in my seventies, the knees are not always nice to me.

    ReplyDelete

PLEASE leave your name and url. Do NOT use anonymous. You can use hyperlinks to take me to your blog as well, so that I might return the favor of a blog visit. Profile links, Google links DO NOT take me directly to your blog, but name url does.