I love having Followers, Thank You

Friday, October 07, 2022

October Finished Projects, and Good By Covid

 

Well some headway has been made.  The scarf on the left is completed.  You might remember previous post where I was wondering about how to end it color wise.  I ended with a wide last strip of the purple as that's what most of your comments suggested.  The scarf to it it's right is still in the works and much smaller; as it's much thinner yarn.  I've worked on the 2nd scarf longer and have far more stitches on the needles but it's not yet done.  It's such nice fall colors I want to finish it soon, so I can wear it.  The top right infinity scarf is the brown green shaded scarf you've seen most recently, and it too is now complete.  I ended up sewing it together to form a ring (infinity style scarf), as it wasn't quite long enough by the time I finished up with the yarn.  It's large enough though that I can wrap it around twice, so it will be nice and warm.

Here's a close up so you can see the colors, the shading.  I like infinity style scarves because they stay put,.  It's nice to have a variety of styles.  The asymmetrical scarves look perhaps a bit more dressy when drapped around with a scarf pin attached.

I'm happy to report I'm finally feeling like myself again, though it did take longer than I would have thought.  Many thanks for all your kind comments about hubby and I getting Covid when we were suppose to be touring France.  I've been able to get out walking again, so maybe my exercise numbers will be improving this month.
While out walking through the neighborhood making my way to and from the city parks, I've seen some fun Halloween decorations and thought I'd share them with you.  I do wonder though if the large skelton (it really is taller than the house), might scare the little ones?

February 1945, the transistion to a post war World.  The Yalta summit with Russia, England, and The US.  Churchills daughter, Sarah an actress turned RAF officer, Anna Roosevelt (the President's daughter), and Kathleen Harriman a champiion skier and war correspondant and the daughter of Averell Harriman, The Ambassador to The Soviet Union attend the summit with their fathers and played very important roles helping their fathers.  Given The Crimean Peninsula is again controlled by Russia this book seemed timely to me.  This was the last trip President Roosevelt made prior to his death, and the fact that he wasn't well on this important trip but no one was to know, was Anna's primary duty.  I really enjoyed the book and suggest if you've not read it to put it on your list folks.

I posted a few more pictures of my ill fated visit to France HERE.



40 comments:

  1. Great finishes on those scarves.

    Amazing decorations for Halloween. Rather a large skeleton.

    God bless.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Praise the Lord you're both feeling better.

    That's a large skeleton. I'd like one.

    God bless.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Many thanks Victor. No clue where one gets a skelton like that, but I had to get a picture of it.

      Delete
  3. Love your scarves and am very pleased you are finally feeling better. Despite the efforts of the stores, we really don't do Halloween here.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I don't decorate for it, but lots of folks do. Thanks on the scarves and feeling better, appreciated.

      Delete
  4. I'm glad you're feeling better. I appreciated seeing a picture of you ( on your other blog). It's nice to be able to put a face to a blog.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Granny, there's a profile picture here on this blog too from a few years ago when hubby and I were in Italy.

      Delete
  5. Your scarves turned out beautifully. I like the infinity scarves too. So glad you are feeling better. Guess you will need a redo on the trip! It did look like you made the most of a lousy situation.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We did try our best with at least getting a walk or two in, and looking out the window a lot. Thanks on the scarves, was wearing one last night here in the house, it's gotten that cool. We had frost again this am, and I hate cold neck and shoulders.

      Delete
  6. People in town is starting to decorate there yard for Halloween.
    Coffee is on and stay safe

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sipping coffee as we chat, also trying to warm up. Nippy here this am.

      Delete
  7. Yikes! I think this skeleton is even bigger than the one I posted!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It does tower over the house, yours was above the first floor, so they could be the same size...who knows; but they sure are big. Funny how we both spotted them in 2 different cities and both stopped to photograph them and then post them, lol.

      Delete
  8. I'm glad you are both feeling better. I got covid at the beginning of the year when I was in the States. Not pleasant but I felt quite pleased I had it and survived. May not have done if I hadn't had the vaccinations. Your scarf looks lovely. Happy Sunday to you!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Right you are about getting sick, but not as sick since we're vaccinated and boosted. Sorry you also had it when you were traveling. Hope you continue to stay well and get the new booster when you can. We need to wait a few months. Happy Sunday to you as well.

      Delete
  9. I too love your scarf. Should keep your neck warm. Love that skeleton...lol

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Was wearing the 3 colored scarf last night, needed it; too cool here. No doubt I'll need one today/tonight as well, we have frost again this morning. Boooo, I like warm weather.

      Delete
  10. I'm reading the Churchill sister book. Very interesting. I read the book Clementine several years ago...'the sisters' is a great extension.

    Love Those larger than life skeletons!!! Our city has them all over, and little ones in our neighborhood love 'em.

    Great handwork! Beautiful scarves.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I've got Churchill Sisters book on my wait list, should I read Clementine first? Are they sequencial? Thanks Anni, I wore the asymetrical scarf last night, and might try the infinity one tonight.

      Delete
  11. Lovely scarf! All the best to getting back on those walks.

    ReplyDelete
  12. I love both scarves and colors. We awoke to 42 degrees here in Dixie this morning. Thursday and Friday we had highs to 82 and 84. Crazy NC weather wait 5 minutes it will change.
    Thank goodness you are well. COVID is scary and away from home I cannot even imagine.
    We had our 4 Pfizer booster a week ago and we have our older than dirt special flu vaccine.
    Hugs Cecilia

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm getting my older than dirty flu vac this coming week, so hear ya loud and clear on that. Burrrr 42 in Dixie is cold.

      Delete
  13. I love the colours of your scarfs. Pretty soon, you'll be wearing it as the weather get colder. Never seen a skeleton that tall, you definitely won't miss that one. :) Have a wonderful day.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I actually wore one of the scarves last night, hate having a cold neck and or shoulders. Thanks Bill.

      Delete
  14. Glad you're feeling so much better! Love the scarves. I looked at your travel blogs as well. Nice pictures. Such a shame about the covid.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Sandie, appreciate the kind remarks

      Delete
  15. Glad you are doing better and getting out and about more with walking! I'll have to look into that book; does sound interesting!

    betty

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Betty, let me know what you think about the book if you read it.

      Delete
  16. WOW.. that is one big skeleton.
    Continuing to send GET WELL wishes. I know how long this hangs on.
    Love, Carla

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Carla, it really does take time; finally think I'm there.

      Delete
  17. Glad to hear that you are feeling better and able to resume some of your normal activities.

    ReplyDelete
  18. Sorry to hear you had covid and your trip to France was a bust, but look at all the reading you were able to accomplish! Your scarves look fabulous, and I agree with you the color is beautiful! Glad to hear you are feeling better! Happy knitting!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much DJ. Much appreciated.

      Delete
  19. Having to cancel a visit to France would make me more miserable than COVID I think! Today we will be getting our fifth shot and so far we have not had COVID, so we hope that streak will continue.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was a bad combination to be in France and have Covid. Still maddening. Glad you're able to get your 5th shot, and hope you're successful in not getting it.

      Delete
  20. I’m still mad for you about the trip! Probably because I’m still mad about our canceled trips during the pandemic. Glad you’ve recovered and back to walking,

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I hear ya about the cancelled trips. This virus and the pandemic lasting as long as it has truly has interferred with so many lives.

      Delete

PLEASE leave your name and url. Do NOT use anonymous. You can use hyperlinks to take me to your blog as well, so that I might return the favor of a blog visit. Profile links, Google links DO NOT take me directly to your blog, but name url does.