I love having Followers, Thank You

Wednesday, May 13, 2020

Happy Mothers Day to Me!!!!! Espresso Anyone?

This fantastic package came for me from my Darling Daughter!  Thank you Christine.  She told me something was on the way, but would be delayed with shipping and that I might be able to make something...see me smile, that means yarn, wonderful wonderful yarn.  This is hand dyed, DK weight from Honey Girl Farms. 218 yards each..........

AND
Look at the reverse side of the labels.  Click to enlarge if you can't read the names.  This yarn is from The Outlander Series!!!

The gold is Fall at the Ridge (when they were here in the states at Fraser's Ridge.


 Jamie Fraser is the darker blend right next to the gold.
This series is soooooooooo good.  I'm not done watching, so no spoilers please.  I watch this with 2 girl friends when we have "Girls Week" in Hilton Head, typically in the spring and fall.  Though this years spring trip was cancelled due to Covid.


Lallybroch Castle, Jamie's home in Scotland (fictitious name for the series).  It's actually called Midhope Castle.  I got to tour that castle with one of my girl friends several years ago on a tour we did of Ireland and Scotland.  Was very cool to see it in person.  It's the purple blend on the far right.


This is Brianna MacKenzie, Jamie's daughter.  I think I need to find a pattern like the shawl she's wearing.  For some of this yarn.  This blend is the one on the left, blues and some lavendar primarily.  

Will take some time to decide what to make with this yummy yarn.  I like Jamie Fraser and Fall at the Ridge together, so might pare those.

Soooooo excited.  Love you Darling Daughter and thank you for this awesome Happy Mothers Day Gift.


 Trying to show you a close up of Espresso.  It's grown about 3 x the size when I last showed you.  Please click to see the pattern.  I'm in section 2 now where I'm reversing the garter and purl blocks.
It's a bit hard to photograph, as it curls a bit.  No doubt will need a substantial edge when completed.


AND because we've had lots of bad news lately with Covid cases climbing...thought I'd post a wee bit of hope.  Please stay safe.  Stay home as much as you can, avoid groups, wash your hands, and wear your masks when you have to go out.

Looking to get cash back when you shop on line?  I just joined this a few weeks ago and have already gotten money back.  Join today, you've got nothing to loss folks.  https://www.rakuten.com/r/SANDYC3117?eeid=28187

20 comments:

  1. Wonderful gift and such lovely colors. And I love that series as well. I have watched all the videos on Starz and I have all the books on audio.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for visit Retired Knitter. I need to read the books, since I so enjoyed the series. Pretty cool to have yarn that pairs with it.

      Delete
  2. Hi Sandy: The yarn is beautiful, what a sweet surprise.
    We are almost completely open on Monday fimally the state is letting life get back to normal or almost normal.
    Stay Healthy

    Catherine

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Fingers cross the openness works out ok for you. I'm very concerned we're opening way too much too quickly. Stay safe.

      Delete
  3. LOVE the colours in that yarn. What a very thoughtful gift from someone who obviously knows you well.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for the visit and right you are, she knows me very well. I was pretty excited.

      Delete
  4. Dear Sandy
    What a lovely gift. I am sure something beautiful will be created.
    Best wishes
    Ellie

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Ellie for the visit and sweet comment, always enjoy your visits.

      Delete
  5. Outlander fan here too.
    The perfect gift, i might just show DH this post snd see if he takes the hint.
    Things are opening here in England, but different rules in Scotland, Ireland and Wales.
    Take care, stay safe x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Let me know if the hint works Julie with DH. I've been looking at patterns off and on for a few days, but haven't settled on anything yet. Stay safe.

      Delete
  6. You received a nice package of yarn from your daughter. I hope you enjoy making your project with the new yarn.
    Thanks for the blog visit and enjoy the week.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Julie, I'm pretty excited about it. You enjoy the week as well.

      Delete
  7. Great yarn, great show. I was immediately taken with all of the knit work showcased on Outlander. Such 'Highland' talent! Be well. x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. So agree with you Bea. Am anxious to pick and pattern and enjoy the next season of the show.

      Delete
  8. What a wonderful gift. The yarn is beautiful and I'm sure you'll have lots of fun deciding what to make with it.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm having a hard time deciding on a pattern to use, but have been looking.

      Delete
  9. Sure scored a great gift indeed

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Indeed I did, my DD knows me well.

      Delete
  10. The actor who plays Jamie Fraser is one tasty hunka hunka burnin' love alright! I've seen the first 2 years of this series, but have fallen behind in my viewing. Hopefully, I'll catch up some day!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Here is  my testimony on how I was cured of HIV by Dr Akhigbe,with his natural herbal medicine.  on a regular basis in efforts to help others when I could. As you may know, each donation is tested.  Well, on July 6th I had a meeting with a Red Cross representative and was told that I had HIV. “What went through your mind when you heard that "Rose" Good question reader! To be honest, I thought my life was over, that I would ever find love, get married, have children or anything normal. Lucky for me I have an amazing support system.  My family supported me then I never thought that I was invincible to STD s or pregnancy or anything else parents warn their kids about. I just didn’t think about it. I was in a monogamous relationship and thought that I asked the right questions.  We even talked about marriage Scary.  During that time I was in college and donated blood on a re as well. who helped me in search of cure through the media.there we saw a good testimony of sister 'Kate' about the good work of Dr Akhigbe natural herbal medicine cure.then I copied his email address and contacted him. A good herbalist doctor with a good heart, he is kind, loving and caring. He replied back to my message and told me what to do. After a week the doctor sent me my herbal medicine and instructed me how to take it.Yes it worked very well, after drinking it I went to the hospital for another test and everything turned negative. What a wonderful testimony I can never forget in my life. Dr Akhigbe is a man who gave me a life to live happily forever so all I want you all to believe and know that cure of HIV is real and herbs is a powerful medicine and it works and heals.  Dr Akhigbe also used his herbal medicine to cure diseases like:   HERPES, DIABETES, SCABIES, HEPATITIS A/B, STROKE, CANCER, ALS, TUBERCULOSIS, ASTHMA, PENIS ENLARGEMENT, MALARIA, LUPUS, LIVER CIRRHOSIS, DEPRESSION, HIV/AIDS, EPILEPSY, BACTERIAL, DIARRHEA, HEART DISEASES, HIGH BLOOD PRESSURE, PARKINSON'S, ALZHEIMER, COLD URTICARIA, HUMAN PAPILLOMAVIRUS,INSOMNIA,  BACTERIAL VAGINOSIS, SCHIZOPHRENIA, JOINT PAIN, STOMACH PAIN, CHROME DISEASES, CHLAMYDIA, INSOMNIA HEARTBURN, ,  THYROID, MAR BURG DISEASES, MENINGITIS, ARTHRITIS, BODY WEAK, SMALLPOX, DENGUE, FEVER, CURBS, CHANCRE, AND OTHERS VARIOUS DISEASES/ VIRUS.   You are there and you find yourself in any of these situations, kindly contact Dr Akhigbe now to help you get rid of it. Here is his email address:
       drrealakhigbe@gmail.com      or you can write to him on whats app with his phone number:   +2349010754824.
      My appreciation is to share his testimony for the world to know the good work Dr Akhigbe has done for me and he will do the same for you.
       

    ReplyDelete

PLEASE leave your name and url. Do NOT use anonymous. You can use hyperlinks to take me to your blog as well, so that I might return the favor of a blog visit. Profile links, Google links DO NOT take me directly to your blog, but name url does.