I love having Followers, Thank You

Friday, April 05, 2019

Knitting and Yoga


Spotted this the other day on Facebook and thought it was too funny not to share.  I especially like downward facing cake, lol.  I'm not really even a big lover of cake, prefer pie...but it made me laugh.


Making headway with my shawl............the 2nd time through.  I was farther along than the previous picture shows when I realized I had a major error, I wasn't able to fix it, so totally un-knitted it and started over.  Currently I have 18 scallops for the edge, pattern says they will be about 25 when finished.  Wasn't happy about having to totally rip it out and start over; but I didn't put a marker for the right side in, which got my count off...my own fault.  The 2nd time I put the marker in.  Lesson learned.  LOL.  What I can't visualize is how my long un-scalloped edge is going to shape up.  Seems too long to only get 7 more scallops in..........time will tell I guess.


Haven't worked on this drop stitch lace shawl in awhile, but hope to in the next couple of days.  


Coffee Latte is now over half way.  The current section of variegated starts the 2nd half (at the top of the photo), with the dark brown section being the middle.


This is a series hubby and I are watching.  It's an interesting view of Atlantic City back in the day with crime bosses and Capone and I love the clothes of the period.

Been out of town a bit, and very busy with Dad at the Assisted Living Center, and preparing his house for sale.  Thus, the being behind with blogging.

12 comments:

  1. I like the nice, soft colors you knit with. Those pieces will be comforting for anyone.
    Have a good Friday and weekend, Sandy.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Robin, always nice to hear from you.

      Delete
  2. Glad you are getting some knitting in - while you deal with the senior care issues. Knitting kept me sane during my caregiving years.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know what you mean. Knitting let's you focus on something pleasant and peaceful.

      Delete
  3. Dear Sandy
    Love the yoga positions! I try to do yogalates, but am not that good at it. Downward facing cake is right up my street! Crafting is brilliant at giving you the opportunity to live in the moment and give you some 'me' time - really important in our busy lives.
    Best wishes
    Ellie

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for the visit Ellie, much appreciated. I need to get back to doing some yoga, have really fallen off the wagon. Was doing chair yoga for awhile to start gradually.

      Delete
  4. HAHA! Those yoga positions are hilarious. I've done all at one time or another :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Glad you enjoyed it Martha. We need to keep laughing.

      Delete
  5. I'm good at those yoga positions! Too funny! Your knitting is coming along well. It's nice to see the progress.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Sherry...too bad we can't do yoga together, lol.

      Delete
  6. Gah I lost my comment. My own fault. Anyway, I love the yoga thing - Reclining Goddess is something I could do! Empathizing with you on the frogging. It looks beautiful though. Love those colors. Also loving the Coffee Latte. That one will be gorgeous. Hope your dad is getting settled in his new home.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Sandie for your visit, always appreciated. Dad I think is as settled as he's going to get. There are more significant health issues now, so he's doing less. We're so thankful he's no longer at home alone.

      Delete

PLEASE leave your name and url. Do NOT use anonymous. You can use hyperlinks to take me to your blog as well, so that I might return the favor of a blog visit. Profile links, Google links DO NOT take me directly to your blog, but name url does.