I love having Followers, Thank You

Tuesday, November 30, 2010

Getting Things Done?

knitted scarf
A busy time of the year has once again come upon us. Are you getting things done? I made my usual homemade egg noddles for Thanksgiving with the help of my DD. We spent the better part of Wed, the day before Thanksgiving working on them and made 3 large batches. A little over a batch is needed for the meal, the rest always gets divided between my Dad and 2 SIL's. This year we had a problem. I thought I'd done the noddles in the crock pot before, though DD says no. Anyway....it didn't work. I don't know if the crock pot simply doesn't get hot enough, or I didn't allow the brother to get hot enough before adding the noddles. We had a gooey mess. So, I got the egg noddles done....sorta? My Dad had since enjoyed several meals from the uncooked he went home with. My brother is on a gluten free diet so the one SIL didn't take noddles this year. I still have some here.

I managed to finish the above purple and green wool scarf for DD. Had hoped to have it done by the time she arrived on Tuesday evening; didn't quite make that deadline. Managed to finish it the next day after we'd made the ill fated noddles. I love this yarn, it's Taos, light, soft and very warm. Green and purple are her favorite colors. So, I got it done, just not quite when I had hoped. At any rate, she was able to pack and take back with her...which was the plan even though I thought I'd give it to her at Christmas. Heck, between now and then is a whole month of cold.

Been working on the scarf (from the previous post), which will be for my young niece for Christmas. Finished 3 ghans (for Bridge and Beyond) and all need to be laundered and blocked....maybe I'll get that done tomorrow?

Managed to start another scarf, and do some trim on a couple of pair of mittens for The Bridge as well.

Spent today with Dad in Urbana, my elderly aunt had cataract surgery. That went real well, I'm pleased to say.

So, how bout you...are you getting things done with the end of year fast approaching?

2 comments:

  1. I REMEMBER YOU TELLING ABOUT YOUR NOODLES LAST YEAR, I THOUGHT ALL THE WORK YOU PUT INTO THEM, AND HOW DELICIOUS THEY MUST BE. SORRY ABOUT THE MISHAP THIS TIME, BUT I'M SURE THEY WERE DELICIOUS TOO. I HAVE BEEN BUSY MYSELF, MAKING CARDS, AND JOURNALS.
    GOT SOME OF THEM SOLD ALREADY. HAVE A NICE DAY, RIZZI

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's too bad about the noodles...at least you know for sure it won't happen again ;) I know I made cinnamon bread yesterday that was a big flop. Guess every now and then something doesn't come out as expected.

    I bet your daughter is enjoying her scarf.
    Yes, I'm busy and getting a few things done, but there is a lot that isn't. Guess I'll have plenty to do after the holidays. We all manage to get the important things done in time, right?

    Good luck :)

    ReplyDelete

PLEASE leave your name and url. Do NOT use anonymous. You can use hyperlinks to take me to your blog as well, so that I might return the favor of a blog visit. Profile links, Google links DO NOT take me directly to your blog, but name url does.