I love having Followers, Thank You

Sunday, June 17, 2012

In The Rose Garden

announcementForty Years ago today, at 4:00 I was in The Rose Garden. Perhaps not The Presidential Rose Garden at The White House; though we do have a connection...but in The Park of Roses. The weather was beautiful the day I became a June Bride. A simple out door wedding, with a few close friends and family.

Mom and IIn a wedding dress My Mother made of white dotted Swiss. Mom and I just prior to the ceremony. My flowers also simple, white carnations, blue bachelor buttons, and white baby's breathe. Mom wore purple as did my sister-in-law, Jan (my Matron of Honor).

Daddy and IDaddy and I walking among the trees up a pathway.

Daddy and I walking
Man and WifeSister-in-law, Jan on the left, Dave Koehler Best Man on the right. Ernie wore a suit and Dave wore a nice jacket and slacks. Mom made Jan's dress which like mine was Dotted Swiss. She also decorated the two hats.

As we walked down the isle of benches

Making our way to the table for refreshments.
us with our bikesA close up of our bikes, our wedding present to each other. We went for a bike ride that day before it was time to get showered and ready for the ceremony. By the way, we still have those bikes hanging in the garage, though it's been a good number of years since we've ridden them.

newspaper articleThe newspaper announcement. As you can see the pictures are old, and faded. I took photo's of the photo's. Haven't tried to see if I can remove them from these old style sticky photo albums. Seemed like a great idea at the time, this style album.... however...some of the pages aren't in good shape, unsure if I'll rip the photo's when I try to remove them.
Me in my wedding dressThis shows the colors a bit better, as this photo was scanned long ago.

**The White House Connection...June 17th, 1972 the date we got married is also the date of The Watergate Break-in.

YOP POST...not much of a change, but continuing to make progress with my Feather and Fan, still concerned about the amount of yarn I have and the size the ghan will end up...making yet another change. Think this is the 3rd change.
This shows the 2nd plan, where I was going to alternate between the dark gray and the tan in-between 6 variegated yarns. Not a very good picture, but if you click to enlarge you can see the colors better. Since this picture, I've completed the dark grey you see in a ball, and am almost done with the next variegated...the tan next to it...doesn't look right to me. Exploring some options.

Exercise Front...walked 13,540 steps today according to my pedometer. Put it on just before heading to work, so it's actually a bit more with whatever I did here at the house before going to work. Pedometer says that's 5.134 miles. Tomorrow should be about the same, perhaps a bit less according to my work schedule.

On The SuperPoints Front,
I've earned 2,367 points already in less then 2 weeks. I've earned and spent a $3.00 of Claritin D coupon already, and got a great deal on buying 5 books for only $.99 ....not a piece, but a total of $.99. You can make money, you can save money, you can get great deals when you shop, you can get cost savings coupons simply by watching video's, or playing games, filling out surveys, or spinning the wheel of chance. I don't do the games, but in a short period of time have done well doing the other items. Click on the red...On The SuperPoints Front to join me, it's fast and easy. You'll start earning as soon as as you fill out your profile and verify your email ady. It's a good idea to start a 2nd email account so you can keep things separate.

WOOT WOOT...a give away. Hop over to Faith's page, she's having a fun give away to celebrate her 100th blog post. Well Done Faith



10 comments:

  1. Great photos, thank you so much for sharing your story. Your dress was fantastic by the way. I think that more people should wear handmade dresses, they are usually so unique and wonderful! Also the picture of you two on the bikes is adorable!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Pumpkin for your visit and sweet comments. If we were to get married again, I probably wouldn't change much. I like small simple weddings; and being married outside was and still is the two of us!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love the pictures! The bikes are wonderful wedding gifts!

    ReplyDelete
  4. You had a fantastic day for your wedding and the dresses are beautiful! I love how the blanket looks too and I'm looking forward to seeing the changes you make. :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love the photos! And of course the bikes!

    ReplyDelete
  6. HOW LOVELY......YOU MADE A BEAUTIFUL BRIDE......40 YEARS...YOU LOOK GREAT.
    RIZZI

    ReplyDelete
  7. OMGosh, Ho'omaka'i to you and your husband of 40 years. What a milestone! Mahalo for sharing such lovely details and memories.
    Those color in the ghan are working well together! I'm reminded of a beautiful slab of granite.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Congratulations on your Ruby Wedding Anniversary. May you have many more happy years together.

    Your mother made an excellent job of making the beautiful dresses and decorating the hats.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Joy D.12:17 PM

    Congratulations on your 40th. That is quite the accomplishment. You and Ernie should be proud!

    There is a product called Un-du that is used to remove stickers and tape and might just work on those photos in the sticky page notebooks. You can buy it at any craft store like A.C. Moore.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Thank you all for the sweet comments and congrats. Surely do appreciate it. Thanks Joy for the hint about Un-do. Will see if I can find it and give it a try.

    ReplyDelete

PLEASE leave your name and url. Do NOT use anonymous. You can use hyperlinks to take me to your blog as well, so that I might return the favor of a blog visit. Profile links, Google links DO NOT take me directly to your blog, but name url does.