I love having Followers, Thank You

Thursday, May 30, 2019

Bloody Mary's, Cross Stitch, Knitted Shawls, and Pontoon Boats

 Hubby and I are always in search of a really good brunch with a good Bloody Mary!!  Several week ends ago, we tried out a new place in town called Drunch.  One option there, which we both tried, was the Bloody Mary Bar.  Mine has bacon, a dill pickle, several olives, and I think a hot pepper.  
Last weekend, we thought we'd venture again, the line for Drunch looked long, so we ventured just around the corner, but still in Italian Village and found this Bloody Mary...Black Olive, different type of pickle and Italian Bacon....quite tasty.  This Bloody Mary can be found at, The Market Italian Village.  Both were good, not sure which I thought was better, but might give a nudge to Drunch, as it had horseradish in it.  

This vase is another of the items I kept from my Dad's house.  I remember it being on the mantel at his parents house when I was a kid.  I always liked it and so have it in my China Cabinet.  On the bottom it says Czechoslovakia 220/20.  No name of a company, and perhaps an initial S with something after it, just an initial...presumably of the person who made it?  This was #20 and they made 220?  Is that what that means?  I don't know.  I don't know if it was something Grandma and Grandpa purchased, or something one of them got from someone in their families.  Sure wish I knew something about this piece.  Any thoughts about how to find out without a company name?


Drum Roll...........finally done with this gray shaded shawl.  Just have to tuck in ends.  Hoping to start a new one later today.


For my cross stitch friends.  I made this pontoon boat back in 1982 for my parents.  I also made the frame at one of those do it yourself frame places.  They had a pontoon boat that looked just like this that they used to spend lots of time on, back in the day.  Their den was very nautical. So the boat picture fit right in.
My cross stitch picture was around the corner which was the entrance to the room from the hallway.  As some of you might know we recently had a tag sale, and cleaned out my folks house after selling it.  Thus the surge lately of me sharing with you some of the family pieces I kept.  The cross stitch pontoon boat doesn't go with anything in my house, but it brings back fond memories of my folks and since I made it...well, kept it.

10 comments:

  1. They certainly seem to go to town on the Bloody Mary's over there, I've only ever known them be a shot of vodka with a splash of tomato juice here, no extras, though perhaps I just haven't been to the right places. I'm really enjoying seeing the things you've kept from your dad's place. Clearing a parent's house is such a hard thing to do but all these pieces that you're sharing have such special memories.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Jo, Bloody Mary's around here can almost be a meal. Right you are the memories. I've been real happy with the items I decided to keep, even if I've not yet decided how some will be used.

      Delete
  2. Lovely shawl. I love a good Bloody Mary!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for the visit Gracie, much appreciated. I'll toast to you next time I have a good Bloody Mary.

      Delete
  3. Knowing where to find a good Bloody Mary sure is a good thing, right?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. High on my list, obviously, lol. All those veggies in the tomato juice, the pickel, the olives etc, wink wink

      Delete
  4. You did a beautiful job on the picture and frame - love the blue matte (not sure if that's what that part of the frame is called). It works wonderfully.

    Happy Weekend, Sandy.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Robyn, and yes you're right, mat is the word. Was able to pick up on the blue, and gray in the mat to highlight the boat colors from DMC floss.

      Delete
  5. Oh those Bloody Mary's do sound good! I like your stitch and shawl too. Wish I had your talent.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Liberty, appreciate the sweet comment. AND those Bloody Mary's were really good.

      Delete

PLEASE leave your name and url. Do NOT use anonymous. You can use hyperlinks to take me to your blog as well, so that I might return the favor of a blog visit. Profile links, Google links DO NOT take me directly to your blog, but name url does.