I love having Followers, Thank You

Monday, June 03, 2019

Cross Stitch, Knitting and Making a Hyperlink

Not a good picture, as this old cross stitch (stamped not counted), is now hanging in the basement.  Had this upstairs above an old children's roll top desk for years.  I must have tired of it, or decided during one of the paint color changes in the house (in 36 years there's been a few), it no longer matched or looked nice.  But, I always liked the saying, Choose Thy Love, Love Thy Choice.  Good words to live by.  I think perhaps I need to bring this up from the basement and see if I can clean up the frame, if not; maybe re-frame it.  This was one of my earliest cross stitch projects...in fact, it might be the very first.  I think it is.


This, I think was my 2nd project.  With the reflection it might be hard to read.  It says, God Gave us our Memories, so that we might have roses in December.  This too is a stamp not counted cross stitch project.  I made this for my Grandmother who who a wonderful rose garden when I was a kid.  Back when roses smelled good, you know before "they" had been hybrided to death.  In seeing these pictures togther on my blog, I see no reason why they couldn't reside together
Bringing out Coffee Latte.  Haven't worked on this since mid April, according to the date of my last picture.  Have a few more of the solid brown to do, and then the large variegated section is next.  So making headway.  The largest variegated section is towards the bottom of the picture to give you a feel for where I am.  I think, if I guessed right on the amount of yarn I have, this will be larger than a lapghan when done, and maybe a bit smaller than a regular ghan.......time will tell.


Making a hyper-link.  Some time back.  I blogged about making a hyper-link.  But, couldn't type exactly how to make one for you all, or it would in fact be a hyper-link and you wouldn't see the code.  Then one day when I was visiting one of your blogs and using said hyper-link, it occurred to me to take a picture.  Then you could see the code, but it would be a picture and wouldn't therefore be a link.  Many of the bloggers on my blog list only use google as an option when leaving a comment, instead of the name and url option.  When you only use google, a person clicks on your name and is then taken to the bloggers profile page...NOT their blog.  If that person has only one blog, you then click the name of the blog from the profile page...thus 2 clicks to get to the blog of the person you want to visit.  If however, the person you're visiting has several blogs (like I do, and many bloggers do), without using name and url you again go to their profile page, then you have to click trough how ever many blogs are listed to find the one you typically visit.  In some cases many of the blogs still listed on the person's profile page are blogs they no longer use.  For those with out dated blogs, or inactive blogs, you can edit your settings and hide those blogs from your profile page to simply things.  But, if a person only has google listed and not name and url as an option when you leave a comment, you can save and should leave your actual blog url by making a hyperlink in the actual comment area...as the above picture shows.  You start with <a href=".....after the " you add the copy and paste of your actual blog post...end that with"> then add the name of your blog where you see Sandy's Space above, followed by </a>

10 comments:

  1. Hi Sandy: I think that most of us started out with stamped cross stitch, there are still some designs out there that I would like to do in stamped cross stitch, oh well maybe someday when I get caught up.
    I love both of them, I do think they would look good hanging together.
    Thank-you for the info on the hyper-link.
    Thank-you for visiting my blog.

    Catherine

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for the visit Catherine, much appreciated. Also for your input on the cross stitch pieces. Perhaps I'll get a new photo after getting them hung. Always happy to meet new bloggers and will get you added to my blog log.

      Delete
  2. I had some very old cross stitch pieces - all stamped - that did not travel with me when I downsized to our condo. Just no where to use them and no one was interested in them. Young folks typically are not drawn to hand embroidery now-a-days. I did keep an embroidered table cloth made by my mother-in-law. Again, it fits nothing I have but it is beautiful and I wanted to keep one thing. I couldn't hold on to all the hand made items. Just no space. I did hold on to "one first" created item of my own. My first sweater. It is huge - before I understood how important gauge was. Hahaha. Nice to see your first pieces.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know what you mean about space and not being able to hold onto everything, but glad you've chosen to keep a few. I so relate.

      Delete
  3. Dear Sandy
    Those cross stitch pieces definitely deserve to be hung together - they are really lovely. Coffee Latte is looking good too.
    Best wishes
    Ellie

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much Ellie, much appreciate the sweet comments.

      Delete
  4. How lovely to have those cross stitch pieces, and such lovely sentiments too. Coffee latte is coming on a treat, I often put things I'm working on to one side for a while and they feel fresh again once I come back to them.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Totally agree Jo with laying things aside for awhile and then you get re-energized to work on them. Thanks for the visit and sweet comments. Much appreciated.

      Delete
  5. I don't think my wife would appreciate it if I said she was a choice.

    ReplyDelete
  6. How fun that you still have your first cross stitch project! Love the saying!

    ReplyDelete

PLEASE leave your name and url. Do NOT use anonymous. You can use hyperlinks to take me to your blog as well, so that I might return the favor of a blog visit. Profile links, Google links DO NOT take me directly to your blog, but name url does.