I love having Followers, Thank You

Sunday, November 27, 2011

Sunday...really, too close to the end of Year (YOP)

YOP Nov 27-Dec 3, 2011

Pink Petuna (not the same as one titled that below for The Oddballs Group). This ghan was started from squares donated by a former classmate through Bridge and Beyond. It will be donated for Project Welcome Home. Making great headway here so hope to have this done soon. This was not officially listed on my YOP list, as there's not a definitive list for the ghans I assemble for Bridge and Beyond....I just make one after another and hope for lots.
This scarf was started a while back and has been put on the back burner. It's a scarf I started for myself. I frogged it twice as I didn't like the pattern I had chosen. I do like this, a bit lacy, but since this is 100% wool (Liberty wool), it will still be warm. Interesting? mix of colors. Not what I had thought it would be when I purchased the yarn. The remainder of this first ball is pretty much what I saw when I purchased it. Therefore, I expected it to be mostly reddish and gray, shades there off. It's far from that as you can see. Not colors I would have put together, bit disappointing, but eventually...........I'll get back to it. I do need a new scarf. This was barely started when posted for a wipw HERE.
LOVE this green scarf started for DD. Not on the list, but saw the green yarn and it called out to me. Same stitch as the above scarf I'm making for myself. Look how different though it looks. I assume that's because of the shading and the fact that this yarn is a heavier gauge. I LOVE the feel of this yarn also. It's Cascade Lana Bamboo 79% wool and 21% Bamboo and comes in a 196 yard skein. I have 2 skeins, and am using a size 8 needle. The pattern, multiple of 3 Knit 1, YO K2tog. To give it a bit more stability I'm doing 5-6 rows of straight garter stitch every 16 or so rows.
This is Fruit Salad....another OddBall Blanket. I really thought I had finished all the ones I had signed up for, apparently I forgot how many I committed too. Though this is, I think the last for this year. I thought I had just the 2 when I made my YOP list Cinco deMayo and Mardi Gras; then added starting one...Baby Pink Petuna, and now a section here on fruit salad. I'm to be blueberries, so need to look for some blue yarn in my stash to fill the bill.

Please folks, save time and eye strain, get rid of your captcha. The blogger filter works very well. I just checked my spam folder and deleted 52 comments that did not make it through to the blog. You do not need the captcha. You really don't need it plus moderating comments. Save frustration, save time, save eyestrain. Change your settings. Skeptical...try it a week and you'll see what I mean. Meme's are fun, but visiting everyone is hampered by everyone using captcha's, it really slows down the process.

Things now DONE:
1. Wedding Ghan pictured HERE
2. Oddball blanket (which turned into 2 where I was the border patrol person, Cinco de Mayo and Mardi Gras). Done and Mailed Pictured HERE
then turned into 3 when I started Baby Pink Petuna, HERE...then turned into 4 counting above Fruit Salad.
3. Red Scarf No More DONE (donated to Bridge and Beyond) Pictured HERE
4. Pink Poddle Ghan DONE, since my last post and donated also to Bridge and Beyond for Project Welcome Home.
5. Jewels Ghan Done, one of an undermined list for Bridge and Beyond, made from donated squares, pictured HERE.

WIP:
1. Cotton Cloth Calendar Challenge (7 of 12 cloths done, and picked out the pattern for November and have started it....barely, so about 68% done).
3. Awesome Blue Scarf gave up trying to determine what pattern I had been using, and FROGGED! Will once again find a pattern I want to use, leave it with the awesome blue and start again, which will be about the 4th time........ARGH. Officially DELETING this from the list, and will replace it with the above green scarf for DD....that seems appropriate.
4. Buckeye Diagonal Scarf, have found the directions to help me determine where I left off, fingers cross this works. Have been in a holding pattern as I couldn't determine where I left off. Thanks to a blogger's good directions of how to determine, am hopeful! ??45% done
5. Candy Corn Ghan (my longest running work in progress ever 60% done)
6. Afghans to be assembled for Bridge and Beyond from donated squares (have several designed and ready to edge, shifting to this as primary goal now that Pink Poodle is complete. Edged and assembled RainBow Bright, pictured HERE for FOF. Jewels done above, and currently working on Pink Petuna, above.

Goals:
Learning to knit cables (watched a video awhile back which is helping me feel more confidant and willing to give it a try)
Learning to knit socks

**I have HAP ghans to pick up and assemble....sometime.**

13 comments:

  1. You are always so productive! I'm struggling still on my blanket squares for the Pine Street Inn, let alone putting it together once the squares are finished. When I do sit down to knit, I'm falling asleep sitting up!
    Everything (all your projects)looks great :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. You have made a lot of progress on your YoP. Congratulations on that. I love your scarves too. Great pattern and it changes with each different yarn you use. Love that!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love the first blanket! I also get annoyed when variegated yarns aren't exactly what you bargained for.

    ReplyDelete
  4. NICE PINK AFGHAN....IT WILL LOOK SO NICE WHEN FINISHED.....YOUR SCARVES ARE GREAT....THEY'LL BE READY FOR THE WINTER MONTHS A HEAD.....HOPE YOU HAD A NICE THANKSGIVING.....OURS WAS VERY NICE......WENT TO AMISH COUNTRY ON FRIDAY.....GREAT WEATHER, HAD A GREAT TIME.......RIZZI

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love the pink on the first blanket, I would love to make a pink blanket, but I'm not sure it would go down so well in a house full of boys! Your scarves look great, I really like the green yarn, looks so pretty.

    You certainly have been busy!

    ReplyDelete
  6. hakucho, Marsha, Rizzi, Faith, and Underground thanks all for the visits and nice comments. Underground am with you...I normally love variegated; but it wasn't wrapped such that I knew it was in fact variegated...

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi Sandy,

    Love the scarves and I agree with the difference between the two, I do hate when you get a yarn that looks great when you see it but then turns out to be wrong, so I hope you get to finish your scarf. I love the shade of green and I've not used that Cascade before just the wool one so I'll keep an eye out for it as the shading is fab. I love the bright colours in your blanket, really cheerful.
    Thank you for helping me remove the captcha, I do hope when you commented on my blog I'd done it right.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Wow everybody has been so busy this week .. kind of makes me feel a bit slack. It is interesting about how both the scarves look different even though they're the same pattern. I have some Noro Kureyon sock yarn that has been started and ripped out about seven or eight times. At the moment its in its original glory - just a ball of yarn waiting for the right scarf pattern.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love that you use so many colours in your work. It's always so pretty to look at!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I laughed when I read your comment that you forgot how many you signed up for! That sounds soooo familiar.

    I can certainly see why that green yarn called out to you - it's gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Such a noble heart you have with these charity projects.
    How do you like that Liberty Wool? I bought some for a baby hat and socks.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Colors do make such a difference in a project. That is some of the fun - seeing what comes with a different yarn. Love the way the pink afghan is coming along. You are always clever with color. You are such a blessing to these folks. How nice to have a worthy project and enjoy the work too!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Anonymous4:33 PM

    Another lover of that beautiful green yarn here! I remain in awe of just how much you manage to squeeze into your 24hrs every day, you are very inspiring.

    ReplyDelete

PLEASE leave your name and url. Do NOT use anonymous. You can use hyperlinks to take me to your blog as well, so that I might return the favor of a blog visit. Profile links, Google links DO NOT take me directly to your blog, but name url does.