I love having Followers, Thank You

Friday, November 23, 2012

It's Black Friday and Finished Object Friday

Happy to share this finished afghan, called "My Granny".  Like 99% of the ghans I make it's to be donated to charity through Bridge and Beyond.  Very happy with the way it turned out.  Once I tuck the final tail, it will be laundered and blocked.  Soooooooooo, it's edged in black, and the borders black....it's Black Friday and that my friends is as close to anything connected to Black Friday as I get.  I NEVER shop on that day, can't figure out why anyone does; such a madhouse.  I'm not a madhouse kinda person.  I enjoy my peace, my quiet, my organization.

AND there's no way in the world I'm getting up at the crack of dawn to go shopping.  Nope, not me.  If you go, be careful, take time and maintain your "cool".  Be safe too!  The negativity and sometimes violence that accompanies this day frustrate and sadden me more then I can say.  Adults fighting over who's gonna buy something, so pathetic when you think of numbers of people who wonder where their next meal is coming from, where they might lay their head for rest; or how they'll fend for their loved ones.

Finished Object Friday badges and url in tab across the top of the blog.  Join us.

5 comments:

  1. I'm with you my friend..don't want to be anywhere near any of that KAOS.. Your ghan is lovely, it has a homey comfort feeling..and will be a wonderful warming necessity for someone.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I agree with you, Black Friday just isn't worth all of the trouble and makes our culture seem so sad. But at least something good came out of today with you finishing that beautiful blanket.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I AGREE WITH YOU 100 %.......I MOSTLY SHOP ON LINE....SO MUCH EASIER. I LOVE YOUR AFGHAN....IT IS SO BEAUTIFUL......HAVE A WONDERFUL DAY..
    RIZZI

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful blanket! There is not one thing that I would want that badly to stand out in line at 4am. So not worth it!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your afghan looks so good. The black really enhances the colours in the squares. Whoever receives this afghan will feel truly blessed.

    ReplyDelete

PLEASE leave your name and url. Do NOT use anonymous. You can use hyperlinks to take me to your blog as well, so that I might return the favor of a blog visit. Profile links, Google links DO NOT take me directly to your blog, but name url does.