YOP Nov 27-Dec 3, 2011
Pink Petuna (not the same as one titled that below for The Oddballs Group). This ghan was started from squares donated by a former classmate through Bridge and Beyond. It will be donated for Project Welcome Home. Making great headway here so hope to have this done soon. This was not officially listed on my YOP list, as there's not a definitive list for the ghans I assemble for Bridge and Beyond....I just make one after another and hope for lots.
This scarf was started a while back and has been put on the back burner. It's a scarf I started for myself. I frogged it twice as I didn't like the pattern I had chosen. I do like this, a bit lacy, but since this is 100% wool (Liberty wool), it will still be warm. Interesting? mix of colors. Not what I had thought it would be when I purchased the yarn. The remainder of this first ball is pretty much what I saw when I purchased it. Therefore, I expected it to be mostly reddish and gray, shades there off. It's far from that as you can see. Not colors I would have put together, bit disappointing, but eventually...........I'll get back to it. I do need a new scarf. This was barely started when posted for a wipw HERE.
LOVE this green scarf started for DD. Not on the list, but saw the green yarn and it called out to me. Same stitch as the above scarf I'm making for myself. Look how different though it looks. I assume that's because of the shading and the fact that this yarn is a heavier gauge. I LOVE the feel of this yarn also. It's Cascade Lana Bamboo 79% wool and 21% Bamboo and comes in a 196 yard skein. I have 2 skeins, and am using a size 8 needle. The pattern, multiple of 3 Knit 1, YO K2tog. To give it a bit more stability I'm doing 5-6 rows of straight garter stitch every 16 or so rows.
This is Fruit Salad....another OddBall Blanket. I really thought I had finished all the ones I had signed up for, apparently I forgot how many I committed too. Though this is, I think the last for this year. I thought I had just the 2 when I made my YOP list Cinco deMayo and Mardi Gras; then added starting one...Baby Pink Petuna, and now a section here on fruit salad. I'm to be blueberries, so need to look for some blue yarn in my stash to fill the bill.
Please folks, save time and eye strain, get rid of your captcha. The blogger filter works very well. I just checked my spam folder and deleted 52 comments that did not make it through to the blog. You do not need the captcha. You really don't need it plus moderating comments. Save frustration, save time, save eyestrain. Change your settings. Skeptical...try it a week and you'll see what I mean. Meme's are fun, but visiting everyone is hampered by everyone using captcha's, it really slows down the process.
Things now DONE:
1. Wedding Ghan pictured HERE
2. Oddball blanket (which turned into 2 where I was the border patrol person, Cinco de Mayo and Mardi Gras). Done and Mailed Pictured HERE
then turned into 3 when I started Baby Pink Petuna, HERE...then turned into 4 counting above Fruit Salad.
3. Red Scarf No More DONE (donated to Bridge and Beyond) Pictured HERE
4. Pink Poddle Ghan DONE, since my last post and donated also to Bridge and Beyond for Project Welcome Home.
5. Jewels Ghan Done, one of an undermined list for Bridge and Beyond, made from donated squares, pictured HERE.
1. Cotton Cloth Calendar Challenge (7 of 12 cloths done, and picked out the pattern for November and have started it....barely, so about 68% done).
3. Awesome Blue Scarf gave up trying to determine what pattern I had been using, and FROGGED! Will once again find a pattern I want to use, leave it with the awesome blue and start again, which will be about the 4th time........ARGH. Officially DELETING this from the list, and will replace it with the above green scarf for DD....that seems appropriate.
4. Buckeye Diagonal Scarf, have found the directions to help me determine where I left off, fingers cross this works. Have been in a holding pattern as I couldn't determine where I left off. Thanks to a blogger's good directions of how to determine, am hopeful! ??45% done
5. Candy Corn Ghan (my longest running work in progress ever 60% done)
6. Afghans to be assembled for Bridge and Beyond from donated squares (have several designed and ready to edge, shifting to this as primary goal now that Pink Poodle is complete. Edged and assembled RainBow Bright, pictured HERE for FOF. Jewels done above, and currently working on Pink Petuna, above.
Learning to knit cables (watched a video awhile back which is helping me feel more confidant and willing to give it a try)
Learning to knit socks
**I have HAP ghans to pick up and assemble....sometime.**