I love having Followers, Thank You

Saturday, February 27, 2010

Love it!

knitted scarfHope you can see the texture in this scarf. Remember you can click to enlarge the picture. I really like this, think both the texture and color look very manly. This is the start of a scarf for Daddy. It's slow going though, so wonder if I'm gonna get it done anytime soon?

yarn cakeI've never used this yarn before, and probably won't too often ($12.50 a skein); though it is the softest yarn I've ever felt! I love working with it, but at this price it's only for special people! And, since I only bought 2 skeins, it won't be a long scarf; though Daddy wouldn't want a long one anyway. The yarn is made in Peru. Rowan Lima 84% Bably Alpaca and 8% merino wool and 8% nylon. A cake is only 109 yards, requires hand washing in cold water etc. So, expensive and lots of care. But...I LOVE it.

I'm using Checks and Ridges stitch which is a nice completely reversible stitch in multiple's of 4 +2

Inviting you all to hop over to my travel blog and enter a contest! Click here, or on my Traveling Suitcase badge on the side./

5 comments:

  1. That yarn looks wonderful! I know that your scarf is going to turn out just beautifully and that your father is gonna love it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love it and I know he will too! I think he'll be wearing it until July 4th the way this weather is going...no need to hurry!

    ReplyDelete
  3. That scarf is beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Lovely yarn...your father is sure to love it :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. HI SANDY,
    I LOVE YOUR SCARF, IT REMINDS ME OF THE WAFFLE STITCH. MUST GET BACK TO MY CROCHETING VERY SOON.
    LOVE THE COLOR. TAKE CARE, RIZZI

    ReplyDelete

PLEASE leave your name and url. Do NOT use anonymous. You can use hyperlinks to take me to your blog as well, so that I might return the favor of a blog visit. Profile links, Google links DO NOT take me directly to your blog, but name url does.