I love having Followers, Thank You

Wednesday, February 09, 2022

Blanket of Many Colors, TaDah!! American Spy in World War II

 

AND.......it's done!  The blanket of many colors has been laundered and is almost dry in this picture.  I debated about adding a 4th row, in fact had the colors selected to do so, then decided since the diamonds are squares...I would stick to keeping the blanket a square vs making it rectangle which adding a 4th row would have done.  It's about 43 inches square so works well as a lapghan, or a childs blanket.  I've not totally decided if this will be a baby gift or donated.


I've pulled out the Blue corner to corner project (intended for said baby blanket).....I've added about 12 rows since the last picture.  It now measures 34 in diameter and you can see quite a good bit of the white.  Not sure how much will be white, though you can see some still on the large ball of yarn.  I will continue to work on this and then make a decision about which to gift....but probably this one.  It's lighter weight and maybe looks more babyish?  More traditional?  What do you all think?

Obviously, this is not a recent picture.  But, one day after I returned from my walk back in the fall, I found 2 squirrels very busy eating my little pumpkins.  Each hanging onto the pots where I put the pumpkins.  These pumpkins grew in my flower bed on their own accord.  I didn't plant them, volunteers they were.  I had about 20 or so 4 or 5 inch pumpkins.  It's my understanding that's the type of pumpkin they were.  The lasted about a month with the squirrels having quite a feast day after day.  I enjoyed watching them eat.  Problem is...wonder how many places they spread the seeds they didn't eat.  Will I have pumpkins growing in odd places next year?  

Continuing to try and walk, or ride a bike, do planks, and yoga most days.  Fitbit tells me I walked 290,387 steps in January, 119.9 miles and burned 53,851 calories.  February hasn't started out very well, I think.  We've had some rain days, and some days with LOTS of wind keeping me inside knitting...so we'll see how the exercising progresses.  But, we must keep trying.


If you read no other WWII book, you MUST read this.  If you've been told woman are the weaker sex, read this!!  "A Woman of No Importance" by Sonia Purnell deemed the best book of the year by NPR and so many more.  The list of credible agencies calling it the best of the year is LONG!  The story of an American Baltimore Socialite, Virginia Hall.  1942, The Gestapo sent out an urgent transmission, "She is the most dangerous of ALL spies.  We must find and destroy her."

39 comments:

  1. Wow, the blanket of many colours turned out beautifully. I wondered when you would get the baby blanket out again.

    God bless.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Jackie, much appreciate your kind words. Will try to focus on the baby blanket now.

      Delete
  2. Yay! It's done. Congrats, Sandy. Nice work. I will pass along your WW II recommendation to the readers in the family. Take care.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Many thanks Mr. Shife. Let me know if any of your family read the book. Love to know what they think.

      Delete
  3. LOVE the blanket of many colours. Fitbit says you have been impressively busy in January - and Feb is still relatively new.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Many thanks Elephant's Child. I'm trying to up my game in February. Though feel like I got a slow start, it's a shorter month, and I'll have a couple of travel days which makes it a challenge.

      Delete
  4. Your blanket's beautiful, all the different colours really make an impact. That sounds an interesting book, one to add to my list.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Jo, thanks so much I think the colors are quite bold and agree on impact.

      Delete
  5. The blankets look really lovely. I like the sound of that book so will look out for it. Women's lives through history are always overshadowed by men, so it's great to find books which concentrate on women.
    Best wishes
    Ellie

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Ellie. Totally agree about the woman in history being over shadowed by men. It's always been that way, so it's nice now learning some of the fantastic things woman did. Sad, we weren't taught that in history.

      Delete
  6. The blanket turned out really nice!! Love how it so colorful.
    I've made note of the book. Sounds one I'd like and my husband too. Thanks.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much for the kind words. Hope you and hubby enjoy the book.

      Delete
    2. I've put the book on hold at the library. I'm 2 of 3 on the list.

      Delete
  7. Sandy: The blanket is beautiful so many pretty colors.
    This looks like a book I could host for book club, thank-you for sharing.
    Your blue corner is pretty, looks so soft.
    The pesky little squirrels.
    Thank-you for visiting my Blog.

    Catherine

    Catherine

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It would make a great book for a book club. So much to discuss. Let me know if you do that.

      Delete
  8. I been getting some walking in.
    Coffee is on and stay safe

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Well done on the walking. Keep up the good work.

      Delete
  9. The blanket is very beautiful! And I would love to read that book. Thanks for the good review!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Lavender Dreamer, much appreciate it. If you read the book; you won't be disappointed. Let me know.

      Delete
  10. The blanket is stunning. So cheerful and bright. Well done!

    ReplyDelete
  11. The blanket is lovely. And thank you so much for the book review, right up my alley. :-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Carla. Let me know if you read the book what you think of it.

      Delete
  12. Love that bright blanket. I just checked and A Woman of No Importance is at our local Library so I have requested it. Thank you.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Glad you were able to get the book on your list at the library. It really is something. I love history and thought I was pretty knowledgeable, but...what these women did and NEVER got credit for is incredible.

      Delete
  13. Was that blanket knitting or crochet?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Knitted corner to corner til the halfway point then change colors.

      Delete
  14. What a pretty blanket of many colors! The book rec sounds a good one. Thanks for the tip.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Many thanks Bea on the blanket. Let me know if you get the book.

      Delete
  15. A very beautiful colorful blanket.
    January was a very solid month of activities, congrats!
    I like the stories about the WWII, thank you for the tip.
    Have a good Sunday.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for the visit. Let me know if you read the book.

      Delete
  16. Your colourful blanket is wonderful and the blue/white one will be very pretty. The book sounds interesting, women's history is often hidden. We too have squirrels taking what they can from the garden:)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Rosie. Sadly, you're right woman's history is often well hidden. Some is starting to emerge so that's nice. Hopefully your squirrels will keep their cast off's contained .

      Delete
  17. Love, love, L❤️VE your finished lapghan!!! And, wait, ...
    I had to check my desk just now...

    Yep, I have the book in my "to read" stash!!

    ReplyDelete
  18. Thank you Anni! Appreciate your kind words. Glad to hear you have the book in your to read stash!

    ReplyDelete
  19. I like your blanket of many colors. Very nice!
    Sounds like a really good book. I will check it out.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. So nice to hear from you Sherry, it's been awhile. Thanks for swinging by.

      Delete
  20. Yay! You're done! Congrats! The squirrels loved to eat our pumpkins as well. It was funny watching them go inside the big ones that had been carved out. Keep up the good work with your fitness.

    ReplyDelete
  21. Looks like you've given the squirrels quite the feast! I'm sure they appreciate it. Love the blue blanket start. It will make a pretty baby blanket. You're so good about exercising. I need to get back into a routine now that I'm finished with the hand issues.

    ReplyDelete

PLEASE leave your name and url. Do NOT use anonymous. You can use hyperlinks to take me to your blog as well, so that I might return the favor of a blog visit. Profile links, Google links DO NOT take me directly to your blog, but name url does.