I love having Followers, Thank You

Friday, April 27, 2012

Metamorphosis and Air Miles

traveling dog yarn
Voting Here for your Favorite Challenge Post
pst...see how easy I made it for you
Something A Bit Different
(this is also a FOF post, see badges and links in left sidebar)
It's back, and this time it has the most amazing of prizes (look for the prize for 'most creative post'). This was a massive success last year, and for many it was the highlight of the Blog Week, so this year you are challenged, again, to find a new way of blogging.
This is an experimental blogging day to try and push your creativity in blogging to the same level that you perhaps push your creativity in the items you create.There are no rules of a topic to blog about but this post should look at a different way to present content on your blog. This can take one of many forms, but here a few suggestions:
  • Wordless, photographic post
  • Video blog post
  • Podcast
  • Cartoon/sketch of an idea
  • Write about a subject from a different perspective (for example, you could write about a day in the life of a knitted sock from the point of view of the sock).
  • Interpretive modern dance (why does someone always suggest this?)
  • A poem or piece of rhyming verse
  • Stop motion animation
The grand prize for Knitting and Crochet blog week, as donated by JenACKnitwear and Fyberspates will be given to the most creative blog post after a nomination and voting round, and due to the immensity of the prize it is really worth putting bit of time and effort into this. At the very least you will get an amazing blog post out of it.

3KCBWDAY5 (use this code in a google search to find others in day 5 challenge)

Allow me to introduce myself. As I travel, a metamorphosis takes place. You see when I started my life somewhere in a laboratory, I was but chemicals. I traveled to New York to the Lion Brand Yarn Shop and became a 6 oz skein, 185 yards of fiber. My label read 98% acrylic and 2% polyester.

My infancy stage was spent traveling through the US mail was from Joyce's house in New Mexico to Sandy's house in Ohio. That was a long necessary journey before my next stage could begin. Paired with size 10 knitting needles I traveled from Ohio to Florida on Southwest Airlines where more metamorphosis took place, stitch by stitch, and row by row. Growing with each mile more changes taking place. My return flight from Florida to Ohio was the final stage of my traveling metamorphosis. Being Dog tired, I can now rest, as I'll be wrapped around someone's neck to warm them at a homeless shelter.
lion brand blue scarfThe yarn was donated by Joyce, I made the scarf(just folded it to make it look like a dog above for fun), it will be donated through Bridge and Beyond.

Day 1 Challenge Post 3KCBWDAY1
Day 2 Challenge Post 3KCBWDAY2
Day 3 Challenge Post (wild card) 3KCBWDAY3 3KCBWWC
Day 4 Challenge Post 3KCBWDAY4



1 comment:

PLEASE leave your name and url. Do NOT use anonymous. You can use hyperlinks to take me to your blog as well, so that I might return the favor of a blog visit. Profile links, Google links DO NOT take me directly to your blog, but name url does.