I love having Followers, Thank You

Wednesday, September 02, 2026

Summer is Fading

 

Welcome.  We've been having lots of home maintenance done this past month.  We had new doors installed with internet key locks.  We have a side door as well as this front door.  The Petunia's are getting very legging.  They won't last much longer.

You saw the hole from the tree that was luckily cut down before the tornado.  We had 2 of these trees planted in the back yard.  Red Sunset Red Maples.  They're about 14 feet tall.   We had new gutters, downspouts, and facia installed.  Also, needed a roof repair, we had leaking into the bathroom; presumably a tree limb caused the hole.  At least that's what the roof guy told us.  I've cut back some plantings away from the house in preparation for the house painters which might happen in the next couple of weeks.  We aren't yet scheduled with a date, just an estimated time.

Hard to believe it's September already.  The Rose of Sharon's are close to being done.  Thankfully I got some pictures earlier.  The Pink are my favorite.
But, the purple and White are also pretty.  The bees love them, as do Hummingbirds.
Once they're done, I'll have nothing left blooming for this year.  Always hate that.

I'm beyond disgusted with him, the war, the contaminated food, the prices, renaming Lake Ontario.  I don't think he's done anything decent in his entire life.
I knit and crochet.  This is crocheted; but not by me.  Someone is talented.

I recently finished A Founding Mother by Stephanie Dray and Laura Kamoie.  I really enjoyed this book.  I knew Abigail Adams was a force, but still learned things about her I didn't know.  Highly recommend this book.  My feelings for her husband John took a dip.
I didn't know America is Speaking, When Will Our Hearts Listen was so short when I added it to my Libby app shelf.  Less than an hour.  It's a collection of angry letters from Americans to the government.  I rated this a 2 because I didn't really learn anything new.
Hotel Exile by Jane Rogoyska was interesting.  History told through the eyes of a Hotel in Paris.  Hotel Lutetia was built in 1910 and housed the likes of James Joyce, Picasso, Matisse etc.  Then it housed The Germans when Paris feel in WWII, then it housed those freed from the Concentration Camps.  I wish I had known this before we toured Paris last fall, as the Hotel still stands and has a plague on facade of Hotel.  It's located on the West Bank, and we walked all over that area.  We might have walked right by without knowing it.
Meet Me at the Lake, another Carley Fortune love story.  Think this is the 3rd book of hers I've read.  They're good summer reads, or maybe better in the cold of winter to warm you up, lol.  Her books are similar, but still entertaining.  I do wish they were a bit less graphic when describing love scenes.   
The Lost Bookshop by Evie Woods is a cute historical fiction/fantasy that takes place in Dublin and a bit of time travel.  A sweet love story as well.
The Shampoo Effect by Jenny Jackson is entertaining.  A love story, bit of love triangle, baby out of wedlock.....Peyton Place came to mind.  And the song from South Pacific, Gonna wash that man right out of my hair also comes to mind.



2 comments:

  1. Your Rose of Sharons are beautiful. I have two pink ones but they are badly in need of a good pruning. They went a bit wild this year.
    I live in the outskirts of DC and if folks could see what he's done to that city. The tackiness, the gaudy gold covered statues, the military zone that used to be the mall. the destruction of historical cherry trees. His path of destruction reminds me of my dad in his last stage of dementia when he insisted on destroying everything my late mother cherished. Their beautiful home was a wasteland. I had to have him institutionalized at this point for his own and my own safety.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's a lot of home improvement jobs! It'll be lovely when everything is done and you can enjoy it. I read Hotel Exile a while back--thought it was great! Enjoy the rest of your flowers :-)

    ReplyDelete

PLEASE leave your name and url. Do NOT use anonymous. You can use hyperlinks to take me to your blog as well, so that I might return the favor of a blog visit. Profile links, Google links DO NOT take me directly to your blog, but name url does.