I love having Followers, Thank You

Friday, January 27, 2012

Red Brick now Cemented

Red Brick is now Cemented! That's right, the building of it is complete...cemented together. The afghan measured 56 square before it was blocked and gained about 2-3 inches once it was blocked. Made from many different donated squares of lots of different sizes (some square, some rectangle, some knit, some crocheted); it was pieced together using the whip stitch method and single crochet around the edges. Not the same number of rows of sc, adjustments made to fit it together.

I'm pleased with how this turned out and both hubby and my Dad said they liked it. This afghan has been donated to Bridge and Beyond for Project Welcome Home.

That's it for todays, Finished Object Friday. Link in side bar, which takes you to lots of other interesting FO.

Hum?? apparently,I never got the picture posted, and can't now as I'm not on my home computer. Sorry bout that folks, I scheduled this post to publish and thought I had also posted the picture before we left town. Will have to catch up on posts, pictures and visits on my return.

3 comments:

  1. HI SANDY.......JUST RAN THROUGH YOUR BLOG, YOU ARE ALWAYS CROCHETING OR KNITTING SOMETHING SPECIAL...THE RED BRICK IS AMAZING.....THE DIFFERENT SQUARES ARE REALLY NICE....IT TURNED OUT LOVELY.....ENJOY....RIZZI

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a lovely donation. Congrats on finishing.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm sure red brick is beautiful....looking forward to seeing the completion shot :)

    ReplyDelete

PLEASE leave your name and url. Do NOT use anonymous. You can use hyperlinks to take me to your blog as well, so that I might return the favor of a blog visit. Profile links, Google links DO NOT take me directly to your blog, but name url does.