I love having Followers, Thank You

Tuesday, January 26, 2010

Just Say NO

green shopping bagsJust say NO. Say no to plastic bags, say no to paper bags. I know we all have canvas totes, sometimes at home on the door knobs, sometimes in our trunk, and sometimes even in the back seat, but we forget to carry them in with us. AND, how many do you carry. Here's a perfect solution. This bag of bags is little, light weight, and super easy to use. Easy to use, because you don't forget them. See the little green draw string bag? All these bags...all six of them fit into this little bag. The little bag easily sits right in your snack tray. I have one in my car, hubby has one in his. He can put the little bag of bags even in his pocket. I imagine most women could put the bag in their purses. I can't, I don't carry a large purse. They fold up, and roll up and easily fit with space left over in this little pouch. I've laid them out in various stages of being folded or rolled so you could see them. They are as big as a large paper bag and they do hold alot! They are strong. I think hubby might have one of my bags, cause I have two tan ones...hum, wonder what color I'm missing. lol I'll have to have him check his colors. Livesmart Bags. We ordered ours on line. When we ordered we ordered 5 or 6 sets so we had some as gift items and therefore we didn't pay postage.

I highly recommend these bags. I've not forgotten to use these once since we've purchased them, but I was constantly forgetting my canvas totes.

Go Green, say no to plastic and paper.

**errr this was a scheduled post, and since I wrote, I did forget once...just a short while ago. Had them in my pocket and stopped at Hobby Lobby for a few little items and totally forgot to use them. Geeeeeeeees that's irritating. Only a small plastic bag though, the smallest they make. It's hard to break habits; but let's keep trying.

9 comments:

  1. I've been real good lately bringing my recycled big bags when I do my shopping. Everyone is always amazed that I made them from the store's bags. I must say though I do like your set just because they are so compact :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I got canvas bags from Trader Joe's and Whole Foods. They really carry a lot!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yeah for you both, using alternatives! Let's hear from more of ya.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hello Sandy, fellow Ohioan. Thanks for visiting my blog. I must say I haven't started doing this, but I'm sure it's something I should do. But to be honest, I'm doing good to recycle our plastic and cans! lol I really must start working harder at this.

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is a great tip. Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  6. What do you do when you do a shopping that requires 15 or more bags? That is what happens to me. I only shop once a month.

    ReplyDelete
  7. You could still eliminate 6 2 cats, or buy 2 pouches, 6 each. All reduction is good.

    I used 1 at Target today, 1 at the little neighborhood grocery, and 1 at Kohl's. So in 1 trip, I saved 3 bags.

    Chip away at the usage even if you can't take care of the whole thing.

    I actually do the bulk of my shopping at Sams and don't use any bags there; but the inbetween milk, bread etc. are easy to do with these bags.


    Sandy

    ReplyDelete
  8. HI SANDY,
    I LOVE MY BAGS, I HAVE THE CANVAS ONES FROM ALL THE STORES, I MUST HAVE 15, BUT THEY HOLD ALL MY GROCERIES, AND THEN SOME. I LEAVE SOME IN THE CAR, AND SOME IN THE HOUSE. SO FAR, SO GOOD. YEAH...I'M LIKE EVERYBODY ELSE, SOMETIMES I WALK IN THE STORE WITHOUT THEM...DING DONG..WHAT CAN I SAY. GOOD BLOG, THE BAGS ARE GREAT. RIZZI

    ReplyDelete
  9. I would use those bags, too, if I didn't use the plastic bags and crochet carrying totes, seat cushions, house shoes, rugs etc. etc.... out of them....just found your blog and liked what I've seen.

    ReplyDelete

PLEASE leave your name and url. Do NOT use anonymous. You can use hyperlinks to take me to your blog as well, so that I might return the favor of a blog visit. Profile links, Google links DO NOT take me directly to your blog, but name url does.