I love having Followers, Thank You

Friday, July 03, 2026

Rabbits Part II, Summer Flowers, Books and More

 

Ok, the follow up on my Rabbit problem.  You can now see I only have 1 very small blossom left on my 4 milkweed plants.  Despite my chasing them off constantly, they continued to eat both the Milkweed and the Zinnias.  I now have cages around all the plants here in the Butterfly Garden.  You might have to click on the picture to enlarge it enough to see the cages.  Took some time as the pieces come flat and you bend them and zip tie them together, and there are metal clips to make sure they stay put.
These are some of the lilies in my yard.  They (the rabbits) have eaten some of them as well; but thankfully, I have a lot. 


I can no longer plant Petunia's in the flower beds because the rabbits eat them completely.  I keep an eye on my pot which is about 4 feet off the ground.  So far so good.

For my crafty friends, thought you might get a kick out of this meme.
This bingo card shows where we are IMHO.  Tomorrow is the 4th of July, and this is our 250th year; but I do not feel like celebrating.  I've seen video's and photo's of trumps pathetic Great American State Fair, with one disaster after another.  Everything he touches is an embarrassment.  
Beachy fun, romance, heart break, family secrets. Something for everyone. I had fun reading this.
Important read, heavy and heart breaking. A book that will really have you thinking about how people are treated/miss treated. Award winning book.
A once Grande Hotel, a dysfunctional family, and Jewish refugee children all come together...and some romance.
Weird is the first word that comes to mind; but I couldn't put it down. Single Moms strained circumstance, and lots of mixed emotions.
 
History of The Harvey Girls was very interesting, really enjoyed that part of the book. Romance added to the fun; but I was disappointed with the ending.  I plan on reading a bit more about The Harvey Girls.
STOP the war in Iran and Gaza.
If you're traveling for the holiday, travel safe!
No updates on knitting projects, too hot to have yarny things on ones lap.




51 comments:

  1. The flowers are very pretty. The Brunswick sounds interesting. Have a nice weekend and try and stay cool.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Trying is going to be quite a challenge I think for many of us. Best of luck to you as well Bill.

      Delete
  2. Is that a lily? I was just admiring my friend's lilies of the same color. Gorgeous! You read some interesting books! Hang in there with the heat. I hope it doesn't stick around for long.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Agree on heat, and yes all the flowers except the petunias are lilies.

      Delete
  3. I love the lilies. You have so many unique ones. My favorite is the second.
    Thank you for the book reviews.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I like the orange ruffly one as well.

      Delete
  4. Sorry about the rabbits. Some critters eat everything.

    There are two celebrations scheduled for July 4th. The fair thing was put on by the regime and is thankfully being ignored. Then there's America 250 which was planned by a bipartisan congressional group, and has been in the works since 2016. These celebrations are the ones to join in on as we remember that this shall (hopefully) pass.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh, forgot to mention that Judy Garland starred in a movie about the Harvey Girls. Don't know how true to life it was, though.

      Delete
    2. Good information to pass on to others. Thanks for posting it. Will look for the movie with Judy Garland, thanks for posting.

      Delete
  5. I am sorry about the rabbits. Your flowers are gorgeous! I only read non fiction, but I do love the covers on the books you are sharing here.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I find many historical novels more interesting than alot of fiction. Most authors do a lot of research so even if they're story telling the factual parts are generally very good. Yeah these Rabbits are really getting to me.

      Delete
  6. Replies
    1. You know some blog etiquette you read someone's blog and then actually comment on it shows you read it........simply coming to someone's blog and posting a comment that says read my blog is just plain rude.

      Delete
  7. Beautiful flowers. Shame about the rabbits, but it looks as if you've foiled them, for now.
    You've read some interesting books, too.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I hope I've fooled them. The last couple of days seems I've made headway; but sadly they did a lot damage before hand. I don't know if some of the flowers are going to recover. Only time will tell.

      Delete
  8. We have those common orange daylilies by the back fence, and they are just now in bloom. The cultivars out front are not quite here but should open soon.

    I see a sudoku image in your side panel. I play daily.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I used to play Sudoku a lot, and have gotten out of the habit. Should do that again. The orange aren't the common ones, I used to have some of those and they sorta took over so I got rid of them. These orange ones are shaped a bit different, aren't as tall, and are ruffly. They were here when we moved in so I don't know what they are.

      Delete
  9. I have wanted to read The Girls Who Grew Big--it's on my backlist.

    We have SO MANY bunnies in the backyard and Cocoa, my cocker spaniel, caught one once (killed it) so she's on the hunt again..

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Our next door neighbor has a dog, but sadly he doesn't go after the rabbits at all. Sure wish he would. The owner says he's gotten lazy. If you read The Girls Who Grew Big, let me know what you think.

      Delete
  10. Sandy, good for you!!! I am applauding you! Yes, Rajani Rehana doesn't read blogs. She continually comments the exact same way, same words and two comments on every single blog she visits.
    She is a spammer. This is why I never visit her blog or comment. She makes money on her blog, which in itself is not a bad thing, but the fact that she makes the exact same two comments on hundreds of blogs and doesn't even bother to read them....now that I don't like.
    Good for you, I am glad you told her she was being rude...because it is rude! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Linda. This is the first time in awhile that's she's made comments; but I remember her from several months ago. Rude and obnoxious. In the past I just deleted her posts. But, I thought I would tell her what I think in case she checks her posts.

      Delete
    2. Hi Sandy, what I did because she had the nerve to make several comments on my blog, which of course I deleted, I was so fed up I did (once) go to her blog and made a comment and told her that I know she is a spammer. I asked her to stop visiting and commenting on my blog, because I am aware that she doesn't even read blogs! Since then, she hasn't tried to comment on my blog. LOL! I did it this way just in case she didn't see a comment that I left for her on my own blog. She needs to stop this, it is rude and annoying.
      I hope you are having a good weekend.

      Delete
    3. Thanks for the follow up Linda, much appreciated. Bravo to you!!

      Delete
  11. Great idea you had with getting those wire cages to keep your plants safe from those hungry rabbits. Hopefully your petunias are safe up higher.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Granny, I finally think I'm making headway. There for awhile, I thought they were the winners.

      Delete
  12. Rabbits can be such a problem to flowers, trees and plants as well as the grass, they sure can make a real mess. Your lilies and other flowers are looking good.
    'I finally found out why your blog (name) won't appear on my blog roll. Reason is the blogger when I add you searches for the oldest blog with the same name as yours. Interesting to say the least. I have got your blog in my 'favourites' but forget to look...naughty me.
    Take care.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Glad you figured it out Margaret. Seems from comments in a gardening group, I'm not the only one having such issues with the Rabbits.

      Delete
  13. I hope that the rabbit deterrent cages work and you are able to enjoy your flowers. Your day lilies are looking lovely. I hope you manage to enjoy some celebrations despite the political situation. Politicians everywhere seem to delight in causing chaos.
    Best wishes
    Ellie

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. So far, I think I'm making headway with the Rabbits, now just hoping the flowers will over come their tough beginnings of being munched on. There is truly much chaos in the world right now with the wrong politicians being in charge.

      Delete
  14. And the war in Sudan, and much of the world. Stop it all.

    I'm glad you have a good amount of pick-me-ups, Sandy. You deserve to feel uplifted.

    Huge hugs.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know too much going on in the world right now, way too much. Thanks Robyn

      Delete
  15. Wonderful flowers. God bless.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Victor. I love the color the flowers give the yard. Sometimes I just stare out the window.

      Delete
  16. We have a lovely little bunny in our yard. She/he only eats the grass and weeds, leaving the garden alone.

    God bless.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Boy are you lucky. I often see 3 or 4 Rabbits in the yard and flower beds at the same time. And now, starting to see bunnies, so the problem will only get worse. And they're eating everything in site. So frustrating.

      Delete
  17. Oh those rabbits can be relentless! I hope your butterfly garden bounces back now that you’ve got the cages in place. The lilies are beautiful, and your book reviews make me want to add a few titles to my list.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much for the encouragement about the garden. I'm still having issues, but now I think Deer who are able to reach in over the cages. Poor plants are trying to make it. Let me know if you read one of the books what you think.

      Delete
  18. We have a rabbit who doesn't seem to do much destruction. Our real issue are deer and chipmunks.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh yeah, the Deer. I think I've solved the rabbit problem but am still getting some of the taller plants chewed on, so it must be the deer are back. Groan!!

      Delete
  19. ...you need a resident fox, we have several and no rabbits. I love your reply to Rajani Rehana, I just delete this comment.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Wish we had a resident Fox, because this is the largest amount of rabbits we've had in many many years.

      Delete
  20. In my thoughts and opinion I wish we had someone else in the white house, to celebrate our country 250 birthday.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Totally agree, it's so disheartening with him in the WhiteHouse.

      Delete
  21. I love wild rabbits but know how frustrating it can be when you plant nice things. My sister in law has had them take all her carrots and sweet peas. Nice books and you have beautiful flowers!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I have plenty of grass and clover, wish the rabbits would stick with that and leave my flowers alone. The milkweed has really suffered. I doubt I'll get any monarchs this year.......which is whole reason for the garden. Sigh!!

      Delete
    2. That would be disappointing about the monarchs. When we had our rabbit, we had a big patch of clover out front. When the clover disappeared, so did the rabbit.

      Delete
  22. Rabbits can be real pests in a garden, just ask Beatrix Potter's Mr McGregor, haha. I hope the cages work. Those petunias are glorious.

    ReplyDelete
  23. Great idea with the bunny proofing.Those cages might not be glamorous but if they do the job and your lovely plants can grow bigger and stronger then they are worth every cent. I love the Day lilies, so bright and colourful. I hope the rabbits leave them alone too.

    ReplyDelete
  24. Rabbits can be such a problem. We have a chain link fence around our yard that our bunnies keep crawling under. That fence has been amazing. It's only weakness, rabbits.

    ReplyDelete

PLEASE leave your name and url. Do NOT use anonymous. You can use hyperlinks to take me to your blog as well, so that I might return the favor of a blog visit. Profile links, Google links DO NOT take me directly to your blog, but name url does.