I love having Followers, Thank You

Friday, December 25, 2020

Merry Christmas, AND

 

Our tree is a bit smaller than normal, shaped nicely.  Lots of ornaments from places we've traveled, some special ones from when our daughter was young representing her school days, and plays she performed in.  One ornament left from when hubby was a child.  So each ornament has meaning.  No designer tree here, but a rather old fashion one.  The candy canes are always the last I add as a special tribute to my Grandfather.  My Dad's Dad loved candy canes and he would sneak them to my brothers and I while Grandma would scold him about us not needing candy.  
Dining room, but I don't know if you can see the snowflakes on the window.  No need to make it look like snow now though, our rain yesterday turned to snow as the temperatures dropped mid afternoon and into the evening on Christmas Eve.  Only 17 now that it's warmed up, so the snow isn't going to melt anytime soon.  Boooooooo
There are tiny lights in my pot design that weren't on when I took the photo.  And battery motive candles inside the candles on the mantel which we only turn on at night.

I've continued to work on Coffee Latte, the afghan, but haven't taken any new pictures.  It's measuring about 19 inches now, so good headway...considering I've not had as much time to knit of late.


This is one of the books I've recently listen to as I walk.  I found it rather enlightening and recommend it for some insight into Racism in our country.    I used the library's Libby app and find the time goes quicker in my walks then it previously did.  I've found the selection for audio books to be very good.  I've read/listened to:  The Room Where it Happened (well almost all of it, need to get it again to finish), A Warning, Unhinged and both Michelle Obama's book and one of Barak's earlier books, Dreams of My Father.  Was on a political bend for awhile then switched gears to 

which I really enjoyed.  After finishing this one, I read another from the same author, Everything I Never Told You.

Then moved onto 


A fascinating read that is both sad and uplifting.  I highly recommend this book.  Next on my reading shelf is another by the same author Cilka's Journey.  But, I'm a bit boggled down as I'm using a 30 day free trial of Audible so I can listen to Obama's new book.  It's long, so hoping to get through it before my trial runs out.

****85 Days til Spring

The family and I did not get together for a family Christmas, all choosing to do our own thing and not mingle to stay safe as we await the vaccine.


6 comments:

  1. I really enjoyed (if that is the right word) The Tattooist of Auschwitz.
    Hopefully as the vaccine becomes more readily available you WILL be able to get out more.
    Until then, please keep looking after yourself.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know what you mean, wasn't sure how to say I enjoyed the book, The Tattooist either because of the subject matter; but I couldn't put it down. Fingers crossed about vaccine and hope you're also staying safe.

      Delete
  2. Our holiday was also celebrated separately from this we love. It is a very strange Christmas. But this time will pass eventually and hopefully the deaths will stop rising. Stay well - and happy in 2021.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Totally agree with you, this time will pass and surely 2021 will be an improvement for all of us. Hope you're continuing to stay safe.

      Delete
  3. Hello i am following your blog please click advertisement on my blog. Google adsense advertisement

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's customary to actually read someone's blog and leave a comment, not just tell them to go to your page and click on your advertisement.

      Delete

PLEASE leave your name and url. Do NOT use anonymous. You can use hyperlinks to take me to your blog as well, so that I might return the favor of a blog visit. Profile links, Google links DO NOT take me directly to your blog, but name url does.