I assemble (build) afghans from donated squares through my charity blog, Bridge and Beyond. One of two things happens as the squares come in. Depending on what I'm working on and how many squares I have on hand...I either design a ghan with the squares, label and bag it for future assembling, OR the squares go into my square collection area. Then periodically I dump sort and design those squares in the collection area. Such was the case here. This group of red and brown squares (lots of sizes), were bagged and labeled as I worked on other afghans. I always take pictures so I remember how I had it layed out.
Reviewed the above, measured it and thought it a bit small, and if I added lots of edging rows thought it wouldn't quite be what I wanted. So, looked through my squares collection area...after all, since the original design in picture 1, other squares had come in. I added about a dozen squares and felt this would work be an appropriate size.
Unlike real bricks and mortar knitted and crocheted squares can be moved around. Since there were sooooooo many different sizes here of both squares and rectangles, things needed to be moved to better fit. A real work in progress. Hoping to have this finished in short order. After it's all pieced together, I'll edge with several rows of red, then some brown...at least that's my current plan. I enjoy how funky and different these ghans come out when made from lots of different squares, but they do require extra work to get them together....much like a puzzle.
Since last week's YOP blog post, Got Brown Afghan has been completed, as has the shades of gray scarf. Both were pictured on Finished Object Friday's Post Here. Additionally, I've started working on the Feb cloth for Cotton Cloth Calendar Challenge; but....need to frog it, or at least part of it.