I love having Followers, Thank You

Wednesday, October 05, 2011

The Green Green Grass of Home

green scarf for homelessNot sure why that title popped into my head this am...was posting this picture and thinking green and that song title came to mind. Funny thing is, I really don't even know the song...lol

Life's been crazy here lately and I've missed playing with you all for our WIPW lately because of it. My Dad was admitted through the ER a week ago and ultimately ended up in ICU. Things were very dicey for several days. I really wasn't ready to go there again (for those of you who remember when my Mother spent 7 long weeks--most of it in The ICU before she past). I'm happy to say after things stabilized, he was transferred to a regular unit and made it home this past wkend. What a relief.

So this simple green scarf is what I worked on in the hospital, sitting with him. It helps to pass the time, and lessen the worry by keeping ones hands busy. I needed something I didn't have to concentrate on, didn't have to count...a simple scarf, crocheted with double crochet. It's nice and thick and large. Chained 29 stitches which measures 8 and 3/4 inches wide. This will be donated to Bridge and Beyond.

I like to make my scarves nice and wide and long for men folk. I'm using an I hook so the stitches are smaller, also making it warmer. When you live outdoors in the cold elements, you need warmth and basic, nothing fancy. Dark colors, and solid colors are also helpful for the homeless, as they don't like to call attention to themselves.

Happy Wed and Happy Work in Progress to you all (links are in the sidebars)

13 comments:

  1. The scarf is wonderful. I'm sure it will be well loved.
    I hope your father continues to do well.

    ReplyDelete
  2. ive been out of the loop lately with commenting on blogs, little 4 month old keeps me busy...and he's not even mobile! anyways! the scarf looks lovely and i hope things continue to progress well for your father! thinking of you!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I hope your father continues on the road to recovery.
    I know how it's a must to have something to keep your mind occupied being at the hospital for hours.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Anonymous3:41 PM

    I'm glad that your dad is better. It's so stressful to wait in the hospital--good that you were able to keep your hands and mind busy.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great scarf! Hope your dad continues to improve!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I hope that your dad continues to improve. The scarf is lovely and will be a comfort. I made a hat to donate to Bridge and Beyond but now I am thinking that it is too bright. I will still send it, along with some tube socks.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thank goodness we have crafty things we can do during the difficult times. I'm glad to hear your father is doing better.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Glad to hear that your dad is doing better. I hear what you're saying, too, about not ready to go down that road again, I don't think that any of us ever are.

    Great scarf.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Sorry to hear about your Father. I hope he makes a full recovery. I really like your scarf it is simple, neat and yet beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Sorry to hear about your Dad, but glad to hear that he's doing better. I so understand what you are going through...

    ReplyDelete
  11. Glad your dad is out of the hospital. Always a worry with elderly parents. I hope they found the problem and are treating it so he won't have any more troubles.

    ReplyDelete
  12. I am really glad that your dad is out of hospital, I hope he is on the mend.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Thanks all for the nice words and encouragement rearding Daddy. I'm happy to report, he's doing very well.

    ReplyDelete

PLEASE leave your name and url. Do NOT use anonymous. You can use hyperlinks to take me to your blog as well, so that I might return the favor of a blog visit. Profile links, Google links DO NOT take me directly to your blog, but name url does.