I love having Followers, Thank You

Sunday, January 03, 2010

Taking Stock

I pushed hard towards the end of year to turn lots of UFO (unfinished objects) into FO (finished objects). I didn't get them all done, but improved the situation 10 fold.

Taking a counting here:
Need to make the mate for this mittencrocheted mitten which is crocheted and would be nice and warm. I really disliked doing this pattern, I remember that, which is no doubt why I tossed it aside. Though I didn't remember it, way down at the bottom of my basket. The basket I keep by my chair. Now to make matters worse, I don't have the hook I used with it, so wonder what size I used? And I need to find the pattern. Normally...I'm better organized and have the pattern and hook or knitting needles with the unfinished object (UFO)

Finish my scarf (which I didn't get done for New Years like I planned), but fingers crossed I'll get it done by the wkend. This is the 2 different sized needles, Condo Stitch I've blogged about in the previous post.

Finish Candy Corn (which is the longest running unfinished project I've ever had). Seriously I found where I had blogged about this in the starting stages way back in June of 2008. It would be constantly pushed aside when I was working on other things. It's crocheted, a big granny, but piecemeal and irregular in design as you can see. I like funky things.
Finish The Circle's in a square ghan for a co-worker. I love the look, but this isn't an easy carry along and do elsewhere type project. So...I need to work on it here at the house. I have brought the bag, pattern and yarn being used for this up from my storage shelves....hint hint.

17 comments:

  1. LOL...I have a baby sweater that needs about 1/2 hr. to be finished but I hate it. It's been on the needles since 1995.

    You are doing well with your UFO...you are inspiring me.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm finally getting around to all my special blogs...yippee! You get more done than most people so give yourself a pat on the back! Good for you!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Happy new year Sandy.Your blogs are so beautiful.The scraps this time are simply fabulous and very very colorful.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hey! Sandy as usual you are amazing I like the spirit to finish all the unfinished work before new year. I like the creativity you have. Thanks a lot.

    ReplyDelete
  5. You are doing great with your UFOs. I was able to finish all but 5 of mine, so I allowed myself to start some new things this month. Doesn't it feel good to get some of these things done?

    I know what you mean about that mitten pattern. I have used it a few times, but I don't like it either. I have to count the stitches every row, and the rows all seem so tight while I am crocheting. But it does make a nice, warm mitten in the end.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I hated that mitten pattern too . Your candy corn is looking real good to me and just keep stitching. You are making headway believe it or not.

    ReplyDelete
  7. They are all beautiful. I, too, have a ton of unfinished projects...if only I had the time to finish them all.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Looks like you are doing well finishing up everything. Every looks great. I know I always have to have a take a long project and an at home project to work on. I try not to start too many things at once....otherwise I forget what I'm doing and spend too much time figuring it all out again ;)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Sorry to hear that mitten was such a pain, but I really LIKE it!.. I hope you can find your pattern to finish the set! Happy New Year to you! ~tina

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hey, I got some household projects, repair type stuff done around the house. Does that count? Good luck on your projects. They all look good to me. You'll get there, just keep stitching.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Hey! Sandy as usual you are wonderful I like the strength to finish all the unfinished work before new year. I like the originality you have. Thanks a lot.

    ReplyDelete
  12. I have to count the stitches every row, and the rows all seem so tight while I am crocheting. But it does make a nice, warm mitten in the end.

    ReplyDelete
  13. A Good to maintain the follower is Buzzom.com. It will really help.

    ReplyDelete
  14. They all are very very beautiful and nice...

    ReplyDelete
  15. I have used it a few times, but I don't like it either. I have to count the stitches every row, and the rows all seem so tight while I am crocheting. But it does make a nice, warm mitten in the end.

    ReplyDelete
  16. I like the strength to finish all the unfinished work before new year. I like the originality you have. Thanks a lot.

    ReplyDelete
  17. I am very fond of learning new things and you are a pioneer in teaching things.

    ReplyDelete

PLEASE leave your name and url. Do NOT use anonymous. You can use hyperlinks to take me to your blog as well, so that I might return the favor of a blog visit. Profile links, Google links DO NOT take me directly to your blog, but name url does.