I love having Followers, Thank You

Tuesday, May 02, 2023

Projects, Books, and Exercise

 

The picture doesn't show much of the blue section, but it's more than it looks.  However, it's slow going and I've not worked on it in a couple of weeks.  Needed a break from it.  Not sure when I'll get it out of the project bag to knit more.


You might remember I started this in the car on my way to Hilton Head and had about half the gray section completed.  The remaining gray and heather you see was completed in the car on the return trip.  Like the afghan above, this has been put aside.  It's odd, quite unusual, I've not knitted in a couple of weeks.  Just been occupied with other things.

Been awhile since I've been here blogging as well.  Life sometimes gets in the way.

Not good.  Never got around to blogging about March.  Walks sick a week so did nothing during that week.

Walked 8 times 99.13 miles (down from Feb), took 3 bike rides  (also down from Feb), Yoga 2 which was up over Feb, Planks 9 (which is the same as Feb...except I increased my time mid month from 4 x 45 to 4 x 50 seconds and 13 second rest to 14.

I hadn't added the stats on my exercise page (see tab above), as I forgot to take Dec stats with me, so today added Dec, Jan, Feb, March, and April to my page.

April had some travel which also decreased stats (sigh).  Planks were down to 7, but still doing the higher time of 4 x 50, I also did one day of side planks at 20 seconds x 2 with 5 second rest.  I added High steps which I did 6 times during the last week a count of 60.  I didn't manage any yoga during the month.  Walking was normal day to day stuff, plus mowed the yard 3 times for a total of 97.28 miles, sligtly down from March.  After my travels returned home to day after day of rain and cold weather.  Hoping May will be a better month....I keep trying.

Another book about WWII.  This is based on a  true story and absolutely fascinating.  The book was a NY best seller.  A woman who's a book worm, mother, worked in a library becomes known as "Lady Death".  She mets Eleanor Rosevelt.  Timely I think to read now, as it deals with Ukraine being invaded by Nazi's.

Another book by the same author, Kate Quinn focuses on the important role women played in England during The War.  Also a best seller.    I highly recommend both books.

Several of you leave comments and choise anonymous rather than name and url, and then type the name of your blog in your comment; but when you do that, it is not a live link.  So thought I would post this note to show you how to make a live link if for some reason you don't use name and url.  When you use name and url, you simply type your name, and cut and paste the url from your blog post.  When bloggers don't have that option available you can do as above in the text of your comment so people can click on it and go right to your blog.  Hope this helps.  When you use anonymous it takes me or others several additional steps to return the favor of a blog comment.

Will get busy and visit you all so I can catch up.

31 comments:

  1. It has been a long time, so I am very glad to see a post from you.

    Still knitting here as our oldest sons fellow teachers asked if I could supply mittens for next winter and I have a couple (well 4 blankets) I need to get done.

    God bless.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Jackie, much appreciated. Mittens aren't something I've ever knitted, but sounds like a good project. Are the blankets for the kids as well?

      Delete
  2. I hope you're feeling better now. You do find some interesting books to read about wartime.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Jo, am feeling better now, just wishing the weather would warm up.

      Delete
  3. Hi,
    I hope you are feeling better. I am with you... I wish Spring would really get here!!! We have been so cold. We had snow in the air this past weekend. Come on Spring you can DO IT!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Maybe if we both keep encouraging spring, we'll get there.

      Delete
  4. Hi Sandy! Thanks for stopping by my blog. Glad to find another crochet/knitter. I'm been working on a UFO African flower afghan for some time now. I set it aside frequently, as I tire of the joins. Your blue knitted afghan is going to be gorgeous when finished - I love the pattern.
    Take care!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for the visit, happy to find another crafter, will get you added to my blog list. Good luck with your afghan. Look forward to seeing a picture of it.

      Delete
  5. I don’t think I’ve ever read any of her books before. I’ve noticed that when I comment, a pop up ad always appears; not sure why. It’s never happened to me on any other blog.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I get pop up ads alot of most of the blogs I visit, think it's pretty common. I remember reading the ads were being changed, and think there are more of them now on blogs than there used to be.

      Delete
  6. You seem to be doing fine in all your activities; kudos to you! 'The Diamond Eye' sounds like a book definitely worth reading. Thanks for the recommendation.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Duta, let me know if you read what you think.

      Delete
  7. Hi Sandy. I am always on the lookout for good reading ideas, so I enjoyed hearing about these books. I will keep an eye out for them. I love your crocheted projects. Enjoy the rest of the week.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Many thanks Deb, sing out if you read one of them what you think.

      Delete
  8. It sounds as though have kept yourself busy! I don't do crochet at all (tried it once but didn't get on with it), so it's always great to see your projects. We've had a cold Spring here in the UK too.
    Best wishes
    Ellie

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hope we both get some warmer weather. Thanks for the visit.

      Delete
  9. Quinn is on the top of the list of reads these days. Love how your knitting is going. Hope you have a great May. It has been a chilly start of spring here. Thanks for your comments. All the best to your creativity.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you ellie, let me know if you one of her books what you think.

      Delete
  10. The colors of the gray and blue knitting project are really pretty. Love it. I hate side planks. Maybe it's because I'm tall and I can't do them well. I do enjoy a good WWII book.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I find side planks pretty difficult and can't hold it very long; but try to do some.

      Delete
  11. I hope you are feeling better; however the good season helps to stay healthy.
    I see you keep yourself busy with many interesting activities.
    The historic books, especially related to the period before, during and after the WWII, are my favorite ones.
    Enjoy the rest of the week.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Nice to hear from you, and thank you. Yes, am feeling fine now.

      Delete
  12. comments.,.. what a PITA... to leave one I have to leave safari and come to chrome... which I've only just learned will allow more commenting. I've been getting less comments, and imagine others are being thwarted like I've been. I love your blog... if you ever want to do a Thursday "I Like" post of things you liked that week, and this whole post would qualify, let me know to include your link to our wee group of smart lovely women.
    (Our prompt for the coming week is, have you had a celebrity sighting or experience you can share)
    You are doing such a good job at the physical health. I like that author but right now, when fascism seems to be making a return, I can't bring myself to read about that time period...
    your thoughtful comment on my blog (Not Afraid of color) was so so appreciated...I try to remember blogs like yours to visit and try to sign up for email notices but tech and me, not easy...
    LeeAnna

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks LeAnn, will try to remember about Thursday. I make a blog list on my blog and those are the blog I visit, I find that works better for me than a reader or email notices. Glad you found out about chrome.

      Delete
  13. Glad to see you though I'm late catching up. I sometimes will go a while before posting on the crochet blog, especially if I'm working on a larger project. The two ghans look nice. I'm sure they'll get finished in your own time.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I've not been as regular with blogging of late either, but trying to get back into a routine. Thanks for the visit, good to hear from you.

      Delete
  14. You are doing awesome! I don't count miles or steps, I just go out and go go go. I did go back to CrossFit and Mobility Class which are incredible.
    Tomorrow I'm running a 5k with some gal pals. It should be interesting!
    I haven't done a road race since I was ... ahem, 30! So it should be fun!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for the encouragement and best of luck to you with your 5K.

      Delete
  15. Always appreciate your book recommendations. Hope you are well and just busy -- I definitely understand 'life getting in the way' of blogging. That's me too. It's great you don't let 'life' get int he way of your exercise program. I don't do as well with that.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The exercise is up and down for me, but I keep trying. Good to hear from you.

      Delete
  16. Howdy, Sandy. Hope all is well and you are enjoying some sunshine, getting your exercise in and reading some good books.

    ReplyDelete

PLEASE leave your name and url. Do NOT use anonymous. You can use hyperlinks to take me to your blog as well, so that I might return the favor of a blog visit. Profile links, Google links DO NOT take me directly to your blog, but name url does.