I love having Followers, Thank You

Wednesday, October 08, 2014

Eating Well, Knitting a Shawl

Some time back a variation of this quick and easy meal appeared on Facebook.  The pan was turned the other direction, and they used only 3 items (no carrots) in the version posted.  They had chicken on one side, potatoes, and green beans.  They suggested using canned green beans.......I use fresh when possible.  Their presentation wasn't nearly as colorful as the potatoes (white showing) were next to chicken.  I suggested for color they flip things around........then the first time I made it I used green beans, carrots, and no potatoes.......typically I didn't cook potatoes with chicken. 

It was hit with hubby for taste and with me for ease of cooking it, and cleaning up.  One pan, no muss, no fuss.  Cook on 350 for 45 minutes covered with foil.  Drizzle with Italian dressing.  Sometimes I use olive oil and a good balsamic and my own spices.......sometimes I pour Italian Dressing right out of the bottle. Salt and pepper to taste, or use Mrs. Dash........which is what I used in this picture.

By turning over most of the potatoes to show red, stacking beans and carrots, and adding potatoes......you can make it a very complete meal.  

Spending lots of time walking (see previous posts), so don't want to spend lots of time cooking and no reason to.  I've also put pork chops in this arrangement in place of the chicken.  Butterfly chops, cut in half.  Not bad flavor, though they come out a little tough.

When you don't spend too much time in the kitchen, you have time for other pursuits.


Like knitting a prayer shawl.  Love the green, such a pretty color.  I've not used this yarn before, but will be again......love the way it feels and how it slides nicely on the needles.  It's Uptown DK anti pilling acrylic.

1 comment:

  1. Interesting, Sandy. I'm going to try this for sure. Love that color of yarn, too.

    ReplyDelete

PLEASE leave your name and url. Do NOT use anonymous. You can use hyperlinks to take me to your blog as well, so that I might return the favor of a blog visit. Profile links, Google links DO NOT take me directly to your blog, but name url does.