I love having Followers, Thank You

Monday, August 29, 2011

Final Stages Wedding Ghan (YOP)

Year of Projects post #6 (Aug 28-Sept 3)

Adding edging now to the wedding ghan. All stripes sewn together, all tails tucked. Making my way around with single crochets, will do several rows, plan on using all 3 colors with the final border edge the dark brown. Then it need to be laundered and blocked. The edges are curling up more then I like, but I think with each row they're improving. Wanted to have this done a week ago, but it takes time. Each border row is over 600 stitches!

Continuing to work on red and purple scarf, Red Scarf Project no more. It's a reasonable take along project so been chipping away on it.

YOP list:
Cotton Cloth Calendar Challenge (about 50% done with DD's cloths) started cloth 7 which was to be Easter Colors, a basket weave design for March; but you can't see the pattern well, and needles are wrong, and wrong size and ...frogged it. Posted it HERE. Think I'll switch to October since that's closer anyway. April, May, June, July, August, and September done. Need to do Jan, Feb, March, Oct, Nov and Dec.
Cotton Cloths for Bridge and Beyond (haven't started)
Candy Corn Ghan (no headway)
Buckeye Scarf (no headway)
Learn to knit socks (no attempt)
Learn to knit cable stitches (no attempt, but....have found a pseudo stitch I may try on a cotton cloth to get me started)
Awesome wool (blue) scarf (planned to take on recent trip; but as I was packing it realized I once again had not included the pattern I was using in the zip lock bag!) Why...probably because I was using the pattern on something else? I have no yet frogged this start---it's a 300 stitch cast on and I'm hoping to be able to determine what I was doing.
Poodle Ghan (had planned to finish this by now, had it packed for mentioned trip....mindless knitting would have been good; but.........needed to remove it from the suitcase to make room for our Martini glasses)
Oddball (Waiting on 2nd one to arrive so when I get it finished, I can mail them at the same time.)
Bridge Ghans (no additional headway)
Red Scarf Project Scarf, posted about it HERE. Though I'm about 85% done with it, looks like with the new regulations for The Red Scarf Project, it won't be donated there, but I will continue to work on it and it will be good for something/someone/charity wise. So, will now call this scarf Red Scarf Project No More.


1 comment:

  1. I love the wedding ghan. It looks awesome. The colors are great. I can't wait to see it done with the border.I think it looks good the way it is though.
    Take care
    Therese

    ReplyDelete

PLEASE leave your name and url. Do NOT use anonymous. You can use hyperlinks to take me to your blog as well, so that I might return the favor of a blog visit. Profile links, Google links DO NOT take me directly to your blog, but name url does.