I love having Followers, Thank You

Wednesday, March 23, 2011

So many projects In The Works

WIP blog badge*I return all WIP comments*
This afghan is a real piece meal effort. Some of these squares are squares, others rectangles. Some of these squares are knitted, some of these squares are crocheted. Some of these squares are big and some are small. The largest squares are around 12 inches, and the smallest is about 5 inches. As you view the picture about 2/3 of the squares have been edged and joined. I'm going about this in a different manner then I typically do. I'm edging in one color (dark forest green), and joining in a different color (dusty rose). Normally I use the same color. I'm using the join as you go method (crocheting squares together), sorta. I say sorta, because it's not continuous due to the variety of sizing and the need to piece meal, with lots and lots of measuring to determine how it will come together.

My stash often dictates how I put ghans together, as well as what method I use. I see what colors I have that will work, how much I have on hand. Crocheting them together takes more yarn then whip stitching them together. Whip stitching though takes longer. Crocheting them together adds texture. I didn't have enough of either the dark green or the dusty rose to do this all in one color, and thus decided on the merging of the 2 colors. I think it actually is helping to pull all the various shades of green and pink together; so rather like the look so far.

This is a ghan being made of so many different sizes of squares because the squares come from lots of people. They were donated through my blog, Bridge and Beyond for the homeless and abused Mother's and Children at Faith Mission.

I like to name afghans I work on, and have so named this one, Rose Garden.

**Added most popular posts to the right side bar, please check them out.**

11 comments:

  1. I like the name of your Afghan, so approrpiate for the colors :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Stopping by via Tami's WIPW. Love the afghan's colors. And I like that you name your afghans; that's a nice touch. Of course, Rose Garden is perfect for this one.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love that you are making this afghan for such a great cause and that so many people had a hand in it. Beautiful job!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love the fact that each square is from someone different. That's amazing. The afghan is going to be beautiful. I love that it is both crochet and knitting.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Anonymous1:40 PM

    Oh wow thats amazing!! I'd love to make an afghan but I just don't have the patience :-P

    ReplyDelete
  6. oooh, your afghan will be gorgeous! I love all of the shapes. I can't wait to see it completed. I've been knitting swatches of my handspun for selling roving to spinners and thought one day they would make a great history of my farm blanket...your layout is what I imagine my blanket will look like.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Your afghan is a beautiful project on so many levels. Rose Garden is the perfect name.

    ReplyDelete
  8. You've picked a good name for your beautiful afghan. It will be quite a challenge putting all those different sized squares together. It's for a good cause though. I like that.

    ReplyDelete
  9. It really is a labor of love for you isn't it? I doubt I'd have the patience to put together a blanket of many sized squares and rectangles. It is beautiful though and I can't wait to see it finished :) Good luck!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Thank you all for your thoughtful comments and encouragement. Much appreciate it. Generally after piecing together a tough ghan like this one, I like to breath a bit and work on an easier one. So many WIP, probably not enough Wed's. lol

    ReplyDelete
  11. Love the ghan! Beautiful colors and I love that it is all different sizes and knit and crochet! I also love that you are donating it. I am tempted to knit a square up for you!

    ReplyDelete

PLEASE leave your name and url. Do NOT use anonymous. You can use hyperlinks to take me to your blog as well, so that I might return the favor of a blog visit. Profile links, Google links DO NOT take me directly to your blog, but name url does.