I love having Followers, Thank You

Wednesday, March 30, 2011

Kaleidoscope and Little Princess Afghans


KaleidoscopeFrom a huge stash of various sized squares and rectangles the above design has been laid out. I'm calling this ghan, Kaleidoscope. Still in thinking stages, more then WIP stage technically. Debating on edge color. Thinking currently either light blue or black. Will check stash and go from there. These squares are donated Through Bridge and Beyond, and will be used for Mothers and children at Faith Mission.
Little PrincessThese crocheted granny squares also donated are a bit further along in The WIP. I have 10 other squares waiting to be edge before the joining will take place. This ghan also for Faith Mission will go to a little girl and so is, I think appropriately named, "Little Princess".

I've also started a rather unusual baby blanket (at least I think that's what it's going to be). Unusual in that it's pink and black. It's knitted, a corner to corner style blanket. Sorry folks haven't yet taken a picture of it.

11 comments:

  1. Their beautiful, Sandy. Years ago when I stayed at a "Ronald McDonald House" for families with sick kids/family members, I really appreciated the handknitted/crocheted afghans throughout the house. It's a labor of love.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful squares Sandy. Looking forward to seeing the baby blanket too. Thanks for popping by to see my shawl.

    ReplyDelete
  3. how do you add the work in progress wednesday badge? I have such a hard time blogging changes on my site.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love the squares. What a great idea...

    ReplyDelete
  5. Kaleidoscope is a perfect name! It's beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  6. These are coming along nicely. I'm sure the recipients will be comforted by them.

    ReplyDelete
  7. beautiful! I always love fiber arts projects that help other people.

    ReplyDelete
  8. More pretty blankets to be...you are like the energizer bunny....you just keep on going...;)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Love the Kaleidoscope afghan!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Beautiful! I hate the thought though of sewing them all together and hiding all the ends eeeek!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Oh, I can't wait to see the pink and black blanket. I think those colors will look nice together.

    ReplyDelete

PLEASE leave your name and url. Do NOT use anonymous. You can use hyperlinks to take me to your blog as well, so that I might return the favor of a blog visit. Profile links, Google links DO NOT take me directly to your blog, but name url does.