I love having Followers, Thank You

Friday, March 25, 2011

Baby Luke's Blue Blanket

Lukes Baby Blanket
Baby Luke's Blue Baby Blanket. This granny square baby blanket started as a result of my joining my first ever CAL. I've made more granny squares then I can count through the years, and more ghans then I can count too; but I'd never joined a CAL. Doing so, got me making squares differently, using patterns I've not used before...actually using a pattern is rather unique for me. I'm a bit of a winger of many things. But, I really got into this. I used 3 different pattern books. Blogged about the books and patterns HERE where you can see it coming together.

I'm very pleased with this blanket. I love the mix of blues (4 shades of blue), none of which are traditional baby blue. I stitched the squares together using the whip stitch method. Which while much slower then crocheting them together in the join as you go method; I believe I still prefer. I've really gotten into making borders and have yet to use the same border for any of the recently completed afghans I've made or assembled from the various groups I'm in. Taking time to do a border I think really gives it the Finished look.

Baby Luke came into this world on Friday March 18th at 1:34 a.m. weighing 6 pounds 9 oz and measuring 19 inches long. Congrats to Mom and Dad (Heather and Ryan). Ryan is my youngest nephew, so once again I am a Great Aunt.

8 comments:

  1. Wow, it turned out amazing! You should be really proud of it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great blanket! I do like the edging.

    ReplyDelete
  3. That blanket is very special...you did a fabulous job and I'm sure baby Luke will love it. Yes, your edgings really set the blanket off...I love it :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks Tami, Word Lily, and hakucho. Appreciate the kind words and your visits.

    ReplyDelete
  5. It's a very nice blanket. I like how you chose different shades of blue w/o using pastel baby blue. Congrats to you and your family on the birth of baby Luke.

    ReplyDelete
  6. It is beautiful, the use of different blues looks fantastic and nice to be a little non traditional

    ReplyDelete
  7. Anonymous9:14 AM

    I love the little bear in the center!! The whole thing is very lovely!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. The finished product is terrific. I really like these colors together -- muted yet bright at the same time. Really nice!

    ReplyDelete

PLEASE leave your name and url. Do NOT use anonymous. You can use hyperlinks to take me to your blog as well, so that I might return the favor of a blog visit. Profile links, Google links DO NOT take me directly to your blog, but name url does.