I love having Followers, Thank You

Friday, January 15, 2010

Treating myself, LOVE it!


Technically, this is one of the 4 projects I posted when I posted my wip (ufo) before the end of the year. My goal was to finish by New Years, but I didn't make that deadline. This is a scheduled post. I finished this several days ago, and worked on some hats and scarves for The Bridge. This is using the 2 different sized needles, I blogged about it here. I LOVE this scarf, it's colors and texture; but wasn't all that happy with the yarn. I used 2 cakes of Taos 100% wool from Crystal Palace Yarn. It's super soft both around the neck and to work with; but twice the yarn broke/split and pulled apart as I was knitted. In both cases I was busy knitting and until I reached just a few inches (3-4) from the ripped piece didn't even know it. I assume that's a problem from spinning? This isn't cheap yarn though, so while I might accept this with a lower cost yarn, really wasn't happy about it here. Luckily I was at the end of a row each time this happened; and think (fingers crossed) I was able to restart the yarn without making a weak area in my scarf. Directions indicate handwash-dry flat or dryclean.

We're trying to stay warm, snow still coming down and it's cold. In 3 weeks we'll be heading to South Carolina where I hope to have a week of warmer weather.

13 comments:

  1. A beautiful scarf. Very warm colors. I learned to knit and crochet when I was a child, but didn't keep up with it. My hands are too arthritic now. But I enjoy looking at others beautiful work.

    ReplyDelete
  2. The scarf is beautiful. It looks warm and soft in the pictures. That's a shame about the yarn, though.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lovely scarf. Thanks for telling us about the yarn. I won't be purchasing. I've had a few problems lately with yarn also.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your scarf looks lovely. It should keep you nice and warm!

    You asked about my knit-a-thon blanket...I've been making squares for this annual Pine Street Inn project for about 3 years now. This year was the first time I actually went in to Boston to help assemble the blankets. Not all the blankets were completed so I brought home a bag of squares to work on. Yesterday I finished the blanket. I'm quite pleased with the results and will do this again next year! (Check out my blog for pictures and more info)

    happy knitting :) Stay warm :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Is that the yarn you got when Julie was here? It IS/WAS beautiful! I KNOW it wasn't cheap yarn!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Yep, it's one of the yarns I got when we all went shopping. I need to let the yarn shop know what happened with this yarn though.

    Sandy

    ReplyDelete
  7. I learned to knit and crochet when I was a child, but didn't keep up with it. My hands are too arthritic now. But I enjoy looking at others beautiful work.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Instead of going to bed at a decent hour, it is 1AM here on the Pacific Coast, I have been blog surfing. I will pay tomorrow.
    I am thinking that I used some of the same yarn for a hat project this winter with the same problem. Will have to go back and look at my wrappers. I tend to keep them for a while even if I used all of the yarn.
    The scarf is beautiful though, and I am sure you will get plenty of use from it.
    Enjoy SC and get all warmed up for the rest of the winter in your area:)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Sandy ,you are marvellous in your blogs.

    ReplyDelete
  10. That is an awesome scarf!! :) Looks fabulous on you!

    ReplyDelete
  11. I brought home a bag of squares to work on. Yesterday I finished the blanket. I'm quite pleased with the results and will do this again next year!

    ReplyDelete
  12. I love your scarf...did you knit it?Lovely color too...striking at the first look.

    ReplyDelete
  13. The scarf is beautiful though, and I am sure you will get plenty of use from it.

    ReplyDelete

NO Google+ Profile Links please. Comments with name and url, or hyperlinks will be returned.

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin