I love having Followers, Thank You

Sunday, January 17, 2010

Snow Days are Different

snow sceneSchools are closed today, (or were the day I took this photo). This is a schedule post, so the day was a few days ago. We've gotten fresh snow every day now for a couple of weeks. It's pretty, but very cold. This was taken out my dining room door window. Right through the glass before I even had my first cup of coffee. Can you feel the cold? The snow isn't so much why the kids had the day off from school, but the strong winds which made the chill well below zero for kids standing waiting on a school bus.

I remember how excited my daughter would get as a kid when there was a snow day. Our routine then was to bundle up, and go for pancakes a local old dinner. She was out of school the day before this when St. Louis got socked with even colder temperatures then we had here in Ohio. That's pretty weird, normally they're warmer. She's now a school teacher; some things never change. She was still pretty excited to have a snow day. lol; though she spent the day grading papers, writing lesson's plans and getting a bit done from home.

8 comments:

  1. Snow days were a wonderful thing. Occasionally, the university where I work has a "snow day" but it has to be pretty bad.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I loved it when my son had a snow day. It was a day to be treasured for sure. Almost like a guilty pleasure.
    A few times the governor of my state closed the entire statewide school system down because of cold weather. We were having -55 wind chills.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Unfortunately around here, every snow day has to get made up at the end of the year in June, so I always hope we don't get too many ;)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I see grass in our yard. We have had above freezing...but lots of fog..We too had a snow day one day a week or two ago, it wasn't that bad and the kids have went in worse weather. Today is a holiday MLK..I have a sick child who will be home tomarrow. The little one is all better from the tonsil ordeal, and is feisty again..The older one pitiful just pitiful..But RX on the way... Nice look to the blog doing a little re arranging...

    ReplyDelete
  5. G'eve ~
    I love your snow pics. We are in a heatwave right now, when usually this is our coldest, snowy/wet month.

    TYSM for your warm wishes ... this recovery is slow but will be wonderful for medical improvement in the net end.

    TTFN ~ Marydon

    ReplyDelete
  6. Really snows are the best time of the season. I really enjoy the snow fall and festivals which comes along on that seasons.

    ReplyDelete
  7. We are in a heatwave right now, when usually this is our coldest, snowy/wet month.

    ReplyDelete
  8. A few times the governor of my state closed the entire statewide school system down because of cold weather. We were having -55 wind chills.

    ReplyDelete

PLEASE leave your name and url. Do NOT use anonymous. You can use hyperlinks to take me to your blog as well, so that I might return the favor of a blog visit. Profile links, Google links DO NOT take me directly to your blog, but name url does.