I love having Followers, Thank You

Thursday, January 07, 2010

Music Soothes the Savage Beast

I love piano music. Who doesn't? It can be light and fun, jazzy and upbeat, peaceful and calming. I've spent lots of time this past year at the hospital when my mother was critically ill. The last 2 days I was there again, my younger brother had surgery. It was the first time I had been back to the hospital since Mom passed. The beautiful piano music being played in the hospital's lobby made me wonder how many piano lessons this woman had taken. It was comforting to listen and watch her play and helped me through the day. Playing piano is a skill I don't have, and one my SIL wishes to have.

If you already play and want to jazz up your style, please take a look at these options for piano lessons. For your ease, there's a toll free number to help you with any questions you might have. You can take lessons on line! I love the idea of taking piano lessons, at a time convenient to me; and it's private! You improve your current skills, learn tricks of the trade with lessons on DVD too. Sheet music is available and printable in a wide variety of music styles. If you want to make your left hand come alive, improve your skills with cords, or jump from an intermediate player to an advance player this is for you. And, I've saved the best to last...there's a free trial. If playing more, improving your skills, or getting back to something you love was a New Years Resolution here's your chance. Music improves our lives in so many ways.

5 comments:

  1. I used to play, though not well. I love classical piano. It's my favorite to listen to while I'm writing my book!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have no musical abilities what so ever, but I've always wanted to play the piano. My grandparent's had a player piano that I loved as a child. Unfortuneately they gave it away when they moved. I was 4 at the time. Sure wish I had that piano today. I probably would have had lesson years ago if I did :)

    Good luck with your lessons!

    ReplyDelete
  3. HI SANDY,
    THANK YOU FOR ALL YOUR LOVELY COMMENTS YOU LEFT ON MY BLOG. YOU SOUND LIKE YOU ALSO HAD SOME SADDNESS IN YOUR LIFE. SORRY ABOUT YOUR MOM, HOPE YOUR BROTHER IS WELL.
    MY GRANDDAUGHTER MAKAYLA HAS MOLLY, (THE AMERICAN GIRL DOLL.) IT WAS HER FIRST ONE, SHE AND HER SISTER MATTIE HAVE 3 EACH, I KEEP TELLING THEM THEY ARE LUCKY LITTLE GIRL'S.
    I LOVE THE PIANO TOO, I DON'T PLAY, MY BROTHER DICK TRIED TO TEACH ME MANY YEARS AGO, I PLAYED A FEW SONGS, BUT THAT'S IT. I HAVEN'T PLAYED SINCE. I LOVE JOHN TESH, AND YANNIE. THERE ARE SO MANY MORE WONDERFUL PIANO PLAYERS, LIKE EDDIE DEUTCHEN, ARTIE SHAW, HOAGIE CARMICHAEL, CAN'T THINK OF ANYMORE RIGHT NOW. YOU HAVE A NICE WEEKEND MY FRIEND. RIZZI

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Sandy,
    A piano in a hospital! What a great idea. Soothing................................ Who ever runs that hospital is on the ball..We have that MUSAK....playing the same tunes over and over...Soon as the roads clear...I'll be over for a lemon drop!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I took lessons when I was younger and can't remember a thing. I'm so impressed when I hear others play well and I'm especially proud of Alexa and Lucy!

    ReplyDelete

PLEASE leave your name and url. Do NOT use anonymous. You can use hyperlinks to take me to your blog as well, so that I might return the favor of a blog visit. Profile links, Google links DO NOT take me directly to your blog, but name url does.